Peaceful Thoughts

I'm baaaack! 

Thank you for coming back and reading another part of this fun story, and...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GETTING THIS STORY TO 1K READS!

Here goes another chapter! 

{Author's POV}  

   After Tristan had chosen his room and gone through the door process with Roman, he had downright refused to leave Virgil's side. The others, primary Logan, deduced this was not a bad thing, as he was the only one who could tell when Virgil's corruption had gone down enough for the others to get anywhere near him without risking their own safety. After Logan's revelation of his true nature as a neutral side, Tristan had wondered how it was even possible for him to be near the inert side, to which Logan simply explained that it was most likely due to his nature as a negative emotion, combined with his time spent with the dark sides, that gave him a certain immunity to it. He didn't like how that sounded, but he didn't complain. It let him stay with Virgil.

     Speaking of Virgil, it had been four hours and he hadn't even moved, save for the steady rise and fall of his chest. Tristan had momentarily slipped into Virgil's mind, checking things out and making sure they were still peaceful, pleased to discover everything was ok. He slipped out as his eyes dimmed back to their natural shade.

     "Heya, kiddo! I made you a sandwich. I, uh, hope you like ham. I probably should have asked, first, but I thought you'd be hungry!" Patton said, appearing in the doorway with a small plate in hand.

     "Oh. Uh, yeah, I like ham. Thank you." he said.

     Patton handed him the plate with a smile before taking a seat in his chair, looking over at Virgil lovingly. "I've seen him sleeping a few times, when he falls asleep on the couch or with his headphones in. He's never looked so peaceful. You really did him a favor." he said.

     Tristan looked up at him with a confused expression. "I...I did something good?" he asked, trying to hide the crack in his voice as he felt a heaviness in his chest and tears form in his eyes.

     The sight broke Patton's heart.

     "Hey, of course you did, kiddo. I mean, look at him! He's anxiety and he's sleeping more peacefully than he ever has in his life! And you heard Logan, you're not bad. You're capable of doing good, and you just did!" Patton said, gesturing to the side sleeping on the couch. His shoulders were slack, his eyes were gently closed, and he was actually smiling in his sleep a little.

     Tristan gazed at his friend, feeling a tear slide down his face as he smiled. "Yeah...Yeah, I guess I did." he said, but then paused.

     "Kiddo?" Patton asked, seeing the change in expression on Tristan's face.

     "What if he hates me?" he asked, more tears following the first as he fully turned to Patton.

     "Why would Virgil hate you?" Patton asked.

     "I'm his friend! And I just tried to-" he stopped, frozen as he heard a small, near-silent groan from behind him.

     "Virgil?" Patton asked, rising from his chair and calling the other two down.

     "What is it? What's going on?" Roman asked as he rushed into the room, nearly mowing Logan down the stairs. Logan sighed, straightening his tie and looking to Patton for the answer to the question he was going to ask.

     "I think he's waking up. He made a noise." Patton said, looking back at Virgil, hopeful.

     "It's possible he is simply dreaming and reacted to something-"