The Catacombs

Hi! This was going to be actiony but I kept having a Roman-spurt and thinking of a lot of interesting points and stuff soooo yeah :D XD

**Speaking Guide

Italicized-Virgil speaking to Paranoia

Italicized and Underlined-Paranoia speaking to Virgil

Either of these in Bold, "Dark Side" voice

Quotes is just normal speaking aloud

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 {Virgil's POV}-Dark Mind Palace, Paranoia's room

     "Oh, God, please. Stop!

     He knew the voice came from his throat, but it didn't sound like his. It sounded dark, menacing, with hints of panic and fear laced in. His fear mixed with Paranoia's power. 

     Hey, you still in there? Please, please tell me you're still here! Virgil begged, wanting nothing less than to be alone right now. If Paranoia was too far gone-

     I am here. Do not...worry, Virgil. The longer we stay as calm as we can, the more time we buy your friends. Just...breathe, ok? What's that thing Logic does? 

     4-7-8. In for 4, hold for 7, out for...out for 8. he explained, groaning as he felt himself slip. 

     Good. Good, Virgil. Do that for me, ok? I need you to do that for me, we need to hold on just a little longer, ok? Think about the others, Thomas. They need us, and they will not have us if we give in now.

     Paranoia would never admit it, for fear of pushing Virgil further over the edge, but he himself could not ignore the dark feelings pulsing through his mind. With every second that Virgil suffered as his body changed, filling with an energy that was not his own, he could feel his own energy surging, could feel the two of them switching places, becoming one. 

     He couldn't let that happen. If he and Virgil switched, if Paranoia came to the forefront, Virgil wouldn't be able to come back. 

    He had to stay strong, stay grounded to their mind, and pray to whoever was listening that their friends got there before it was too late. 

     He could feel the shift in energy as Virgil closed his eyes, drowning out the images on the screen in front of them and putting his energy into his breathing.

     Good...That's great, Virgil. Just, hold on, a little bit longer. They'll be here, I promise you. We'll be ok.

     Now all he had to do was hope he was right.

{Roman's POV}-Light Mind Palace, Common Room

     Logan had quickly decided that he and Brennan were to go check on Thomas's condition after the incident in the Control Room. Patton and I, of course, argued, but Logan had listed off his reasons. Remus and Janus were still healing and as Sides were no particular help to Thomas in the present situation. The same went for Tristan. I needed to stay behind to reach out to Remy, and Patton would only jeopardize his well-being further if he was near Thomas. Since Brennan had improved with his "positive doubt", he could prove beneficial in helping Logan. 

     With that, Logan grounded Patton to his room, asking that Tristan stay with him but stay outside the door, and asked that I speak to Remy immediately. 

     I groaned, but he was right, and we all knew it. So, I entrusted Thomas to them and made my way to the Subconscious.

     "Wait, Roman!"