Guilt and Truth

I'm baaaack! Hi! I missed ya guys! 

I hope you all enjoy this! 

{Author's POV}-The Mind Palace

    The Dark Sides had been there for almost a day exactly, but things had gone smoothly so far. Virgil, Brennan, and Tristan had spent a couple of hours in Virgil's room with little ill effects. The two guests did begin to feel a bit darker than normal, and so they decided to hang out in the common room. After about two hours in, Tristan could feel the slow crawl of increasing anxiety, his doubts beginning to rush through his mind and sway his thinking. The three decided to not risk anything any longer. Brennan, however, felt perfectly normal, which of course intrigued Logan, who asked questions and tried to come to a conclusion.

    "Well, I would have to say Tristan comes as no surprise. Being a neutral side, he can be swayed by forces of light or dark Sides easier than any specific light or dark side. However, Brennan, being categorized within the Mindscape as Dark, he has a stronger immunity toward dark influences, though I believe no side is truly immune to your room, Virgil, except for you, of course. Due to the fact that, as I believe, your room is attuned to your dark energy specifically, any of us could become corrupted, giving us heightened anxiety. I believe, therefore, it is dangerous for any of us to spend too long in your room. Even though Brennan, Deceit, and Remus may be able to stay in your room longer than the rest of us, just be sure to remain aware, and if anybody is in your room and shows signs of corruption, they've been there too long." he explained. 

    "So, my room is dangerous...because it's filled with my energy? So, I made my room dangerous..." Virgil concluded, hugging his arms around himself on the couch. 

   "No, kiddo. All of our rooms are filled with our influence. It explains why Roman and even Logan were starting to have so much fun and feel all of that nostalgia in my room," Patton explained, joining them from the kitchen as he waited for the oven to finish cooking his broccoli and cheddar casserole (my attempt to come up with a food that's not Italian without googling it XD), "If we spend any time in one room, it can start to get to us. Our rooms are just extensions of us. That doesn't mean you're dangerous at all. I mean, that's why Logan, Roman, and I came up with the Common Room when we put the house together!" 

    Virgil lifted his head, meeting Patton's eye with a curious look of his own. "When you put the house together? You guys did all of this?" he wondered. 

    "Well, not exactly. Our Mindscape creates the rooms when a new Light Side is placed within it, and the same, I am assuming, goes for when a new Dark Side or Neutral is created within their respective regions. When we three first arrived here, the Mindscape was nothing more than the hallway upstairs, with our three rooms. Of course, we knew that was unsustainable, seeing as we still eat. Therefore, a kitchen was required at the very least." Logan explained. 

    "So, when we all got together, after we made the introductions, and discovered that Roman was creativity, we decided to see if we could make this place a little more suitable for living. So, we made a kitchen first, so we could eat. I designed it myself," Patton interjected in excitement, "Then, after we all sat in Roman's room for a while, we discovered that Logan and I were starting to get these bursts of creativity. I was normal for the most part, until my "morality" thing kicked in and I started thinking up all of these insane moral dilemmas. Boy, Thomas was sure in a mess that day." he laughed. 

    "How was Logan in Roman's room? Creative Logic sounds crazy." Virgil scoffed, throwing a smirk Logan's way. The Logical side merely rolled his eyes. 

    "I merely went a tad...wild with my Logic. It was figuratively thrown out the window, so to speak. Let us just establish that I did not enjoy it, and I am glad we learned about that little secret as soon as we did." huffed Logan. The others laughed, while Patton gently clapped a hand on his back, giving him a sympathetic smile.