Chapter 4: The Opening Ceremony!

"Stop!" You yelled, trying to push Suicune off the poor pokémon. Suicune didn't budge, its paw still pushing hard into Greedent. At this rate...

"Suicune! I said stop!" You exclaimed. Suicune immediately broke its angered trance, a surprised look on its face. It lifted its paw and you rushed to check the squirrel.

Greedent was unresponsive and foamed at the mouth. You hesitantly placed your ear over its chest.

"It's unconscious...but breathing. Thank Arceus," You murmured.

You picked up the squirrel and placed it underneath a berry tree. You also left it a few berries as an apology for what happened.

Both you and Suicune continued forward, walking in silence. Nighttime arrived quickly, and you decided it was best to set up camp.

You poked the lit fire with a stick, holding one of your legs close. Suicune made its way over to you and gently licked your left arm. It was where Greedent had bitten you.

"Suicune, you can't attack pokémon like that," You said, rubbing Suicune's side. "We're in a new region now. There's no need to be so vicious."

Suicune licked your face and you smiled.

"I'm not mad. I just don't want you pulling that stunt anymore. Okay?"

You used some berries and other ingredients to cook a spicy curry.

"I know you like sweet curry but the tree didn't drop any sweet berries," You sheepishly said. Suicune chowed down regardless, and you began to set up your tent. You ran into an unforeseen problem though.

The tent was...really small.

There was no way Suicune was going to fit in it. So, you broke the tent down and stuffed it back into your bag.

"Change of plans, we're sleeping out in the open," You explained.

Suicune lowered itself onto the ground and you rested against Suicune, quickly dozing off. Your eyes shot open when you heard your phone ring.

"Hello?" You murmured, a bit dazed.

"Hello Y/N...Were you asleep?" Leon asked.

"I was...but not anymore," You joked.

"Ahaha...Apologies for calling so late. I'll keep it short. How are things?"

"...Not bad," You said, looking over at Suicune's sleeping form. "Are you going to be at the opening ceremony?"

"Sorry, but I can't make it. I'll be busy with a few other things....Raihan will be there though."

"Raihan?"

"He's a good friend of mine."

"Oh! Is he taking the gym challenge too?" You asked.

"Well, not exactly. He's...well I'm sure you'll figure it out," Leon said, chuckling.

You smiled and yawned.

"...You should get some rest Y/N."

"Alright...Goodnight Leon..."

"Goodnight."

You let your arm drop to your side as you closed your eyes, gaining some much needed sleep.

~

You woke up in a calm manner, noticing that you had rolled on your stomach. You sat up and looked around.

...Why is everything a blur?

You blinked multiple times and noticed that you were not on the ground, but on Suicune's back. Suicune was traveling across Galar in record speeds.