Chapter 38: From Dusk Till Dawn!

"Suicune! Return!"

You outstretched your hand and Suicune was instantly returned into its pokéball. You couldn't think of anything else to do at the moment, and you prayed that your pokémon would not come back out.

Surprisingly, Suicune didn't.

Your knees met the ground as you sighed, a wave of relief washing over you. Leon returned his two pokémon before looking in your direction. Your eyes were closed, and you seemed alright.

Until you fell to the ground like a rock.

"Y/N?! Are you alright?!"

"S-sorry. One of my legs gave out on me."

"Here! Let me help!"

"W-wait no. I think I'm fine."

Leon rushed over and helped you back into a sitting position, his hands placed firmly on your shoulders. A low groan escaped your lips as your body slumped.

"You don't look fine," Leon said. Lightning struck in the distance. "This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been running around on an injured leg. You need to be more careful. I shouldn't have to tell you this. You should already know this."

Leon continued his small rant and you tuned him out, using your time to study his features. His golden eyes were so beautiful. It's a shame the frown on his face was ruining the moment.

Now it was your turn to frown. What gave him a right to scold you?

Oh wait. He said that he loved you.

Oh Arceus, do you love him?

Of course not. How could you love someone who got lost every minute? So what if he has a nice personality, a cute smile, and an adorable younger brother? Raihan has a nice personality too, and his sly grin made your heart flutter a mile a minute. Of course, you would never tell either of them that. Not unless you wanted to die.

Wait....

"Y/N. Do you hear me?"

You snapped out your thoughts and nodded.

"Oh really. What did I just ask you?"

"Something about me hearing you."   

"Before that."

Silence.

"I figured you weren't listening," Leon murmured. "Y/N, this is serious."

You mumbled under your breath and Leon raised an eyebrow.

"What was that?"

"I said that this is a waste of time," You said.

"It probably is. Since you never listen. When will you learn that there-"

"Are consequences to your actions! I get it Leon! Just stop okay!"

"Stop what?"

"Stop lecturing me like I'm a child!" You exclaimed. Leon frowned.

"Well I wouldn't have to if you didn't act like one."

Okay. That stung.

Rain fell from the sky and you grew quiet, your eyes looking away. Leon sighed.

"Y/N-"

"I get it," You murmured, moving his hands off your shoulders. You turned away from him and tried to pull yourself up. "Just go, Leon."

"But-"

"Leave," You said, pointing in the direction he needed to go. "I'll make my own way home."