Chapter 16: An Espurr Arrival!

"L-Leon?! What are you doing here?"

Leon sheepishly rubbed the back of his head, looking away from you.

"Haha...Well...I got lost on my way to the bathroom..."

And he ended up in a park?!

"...Are you alright? I'm not interrupting something, am I?" Leon asked.

"Yeah, you were interrupting our date, Champ," Raihan flatly said.

"I didn't ask you Raihan. I was talking to Y/N."

When Leon turned to you, you elbowed Raihan's side. Raihan dropped your phone in your open hand.

"I'm fine Leon..." You said. "Remind me to smack Raihan later."

"Why not now?" Raihan suggested. "I love a good spanking."

"....I'm...not going to even respond to that," You murmured.

"Neither will I," Leon said. "So...how did the date go?"

"Well-"

"What's it to you?" Raihan interrupted. "It's none of your business Champ."

"I was just curious, Raihan. And I wasn't talking to you."

Leon moved closer and Raihan stepped in front of you.

"Listen Champ, don't you think you're getting a little too attached?" One of Raihan's fingers poked Leon's forehead. "I never expected you to be the stalking type."

"Funny, I've never heard of that type," Leon said, moving Raihan's finger away. "I couldn't stalk someone if I wanted to. I'd just get lost along the way."

When you felt something rustle in your bag, you stepped back and turned away from the two. You opened your bag and pulled out a familiar pokémon.

"Hey...It's okay..." You murmured, rubbing the top of Espurr's head. Espurr squirmed in your arms.

"Yeah sure," Raihan said. "I know you're horrible with directions. But the odds of you being here is unlikely, stalker."

"Well, unfortunately I got here by following Y/N's screams," Leon said, sighing a little. "You wouldn't happen to know why she was screaming, now would you Raihan?"

"Oh that~ We were just having a little fun."

"That didn't sound like fun to me."

"It didn't? You should get out more Champ."

"And you should learn some manners, Raihan."

"Sure, I'll learn some manners. Once you stop obsessing over my Princess."

"She. Isn't. Yours."

"Reeee!!"

Both Leon and Raihan stopped bickering, turning their attention to the odd cry. You stood up and turned around.

"Could you two stop fighting?! You're scaring him," You snapped.

"....Is...that an Espurr?" Leon asked, walking over to you. You nodded in affirmation.

"Huh, talk about a surprise. Was he in your bag this entire time?" Raihan asked.

"Well yes...but actually no. Espurr's pokéball is in my bag. He won't stop coming out of it," You said.

When Raihan poked Espurr, Espurr's head slowly turned to face Raihan. This process was painstakingly slow, causing an odd, almost unsettling, feeling. Everyone remained quiet.