Chapter 26: A Game of Chance!

Depictions of violence in this chapter. Just a heads up.

"Hi Hop!!"

"Hi Y/N! Wait...are you outside?!"

After finishing your training with Toxel, you decided it was best to video-call Hop. You sat outside in the dead of night, propped up against Suicune. Thankfully the moon was bright enough for you to properly see.

"Yep! It isn't too dark out," You said. "Anyway, how are you Sweetie~"

"I'm f-fine!" Hop exclaimed, his cheeks dusting pink. He moved offscreen and returned with Wooloo in his arms. "Wooloo says hi too!!"

"Aww hi Wooloo! Oh my Arceus, I can't wait to adopt you two! You're both so precious!!"

"...G-golly, I can see why Lee likes you! You're so sweet!" Hop exclaimed. You blushed and Hop continued. "But wait, if you adopt me, and you and Lee start dating....How would that work?"

"I have no idea!!" You exclaimed. The two of you laughed in unison. "I'm sure we'll figure something out. Anyway, it's pretty late, you two should get your rest."

"Okay! Goodnight Y/N! Be safe!"

"I will! Night Hop! Love you!"

"L-love you too!"

You smiled brightly before you ended the call.

"Gosh, he's so precious!" You exclaimed, holding your phone against your chest. To your surprise, Suicune nodded in agreement. "Alright, we should head back. Maybe I can watch some of Nessa's battles before I challenge her gym."

Before you could gather your items, Suicune turned its attention elsewhere and entered a fighting stance. You quickly pulled yourself up and looked around, noticing a rustling bush nearby.

"Who's there?" You asked.

You heard heavy footsteps as a person emerged from the bushes, clad in a black uniform and long grey boots. When the mysterious person struck a pose, you immediately noticed the large 'R' across her chest.

"Halt! You are Y/N correct?" The girl asked.

"...That's right," You said, sighing a little. "To be honest, I didn't expect you to find me this soon. You're a new recruit aren't you?"

When the girl nodded, you continued to speak.

"I figured as much," You murmured. "Anyway, how did you find me?"

"I saw your match on TV miss! The boss wishes to see you!"

"But...I'm on vacation," You explained. "If Giovanni wishes to see me, then tell him to come get me himself."

The girl sweatdropped as you began to pack your belongings. When you noticed her troubled expression, you smiled.

"That was a joke. Don't worry fledgling. I'll call him later," You said. "As of now, forget you ever saw me, alright?"

"B-but..."

"That's an order."

"Y-yes ma'am!"

You pulled your bag over your shoulder and smiled.

"Thanks. You're gonna make a killing with us. Best of luck."

The girl saluted you as you made your way off, holding your bag closer to your chest.

~

You unlocked the door to Leon's condo and walked inside, noticing that the lights were still on. Surprisingly, both Raihan and Leon were asleep on the floor.