Chapter 27: A Fork in the Road!

After finishing up that questionable game of Roulette, you all decided it was best to get some rest. You insisted that you slept on floor, but Leon kept complaining about how that wasn't right. After lots of convincing, you reluctantly slept on the couch, while Leon and Raihan slept on the floor.

Morning arrived fairly quickly, and you woke up to the sound of heavy breathing. Your eyes slowly opened, noticing that something was standing on your chest. It took you some time to process what was happening.

"E...Espurr?" You murmured, rubbing the sleep from your eyes. "Is that you?"

Espurr's purple eyes looked down at you, and you noticed that he was holding a large white pillow in his hands.

"...Did you bring that for me?" You asked.

To your surprise, Espurr nodded. Espurr handed you the pillow and pointed at Raihan's sleeping form.

"Great idea Espurr! A pillow fight would be perfect!" You said.

Espurr stared off into space as you gently moved him off you. You grabbed the pillow, and climbed off the couch, preparing to hit Raihan as hard as possible. Thankfully, he was turned away from you.

"It's probably best you don't do that Princess," Raihan said, not even bothering to look back.

"...Y-you're awake?" You asked. When Raihan nodded, you sighed. "How is that even possible? It's so early!"

"You're assuming that I sleep, Princess."

"You don't sleep?"

"Not as much as you do."

You blushed and continued talking.

"Where's Leon?"

"He went to go get breakfast," Raihan explained. "Now get your rest. You don't want to start a fight you can't win..."

"I guess...you're right," You murmured, lowering the pillow. "As if!!"

You hit Raihan as hard as you could with the pillow, wailing on him until he grabbed the pillow out your hands.

"Bad move Princess."

"W-wait! I take it back!!" 

Raihan pulled himself up and you screamed, narrowing avoiding the pillow attempting to hit you. You raced to the kitchen and climbed atop the counters, grabbing a fork in the process.

"Stay away Raihan! Now fork over the pillow!!" You screamed.

"Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now?" Raihan said, laughing aloud. "If you want the pillow, then come get it."

You jumped off the counter, nailing the landing. The second you landed however, you were hit hard by a pillow. The attack held so much force that you slammed into the ground. You felt a sharp pain shoot through your leg and immediately screamed.

"Ack! Raihan!!!! You hit way too hard!!!" You exclaimed, touching your stinging cheek.

"Whoops. Sorry about that Princess. I'll be more gentle."

You were hit by a pillow multiple more times (more gently) and curled in a ball.

"Okay okay! Enough! Stop hitting me!!!" You said.

"Not until you admit defeat."

"Never!!!"

"Then I won't stop."

You screamed as the pillow kept hitting you, feathers flying everywhere.

"W-wait! Stop! Something hurts!" You said.