Chapter 12: A Cold Night!

"Leon! What are you doing!"

"S-sorry Y/N...But isn't this what I'm supposed to do?"

"If you don't control yourself I'ma slap the hell outta you!"

Leon sweatdropped but slowly nodded, adjusting the controller in his hand. The two of you were currently engaged in a heated game of Mario Kart.

And Leon was not having a Champion Time.

"Come on! Come onnnn!!" You screeched, violently shaking your Switch controller. "Wooo!!! First place!!! Suck it, Yoshi!"

After you finished your little victory dance, you plopped back on the couch.

"You seem a lot more energetic Y/N," Leon said, smiling a little. "Whatever happened to getting some rest? And having a Champion time?"

You laughed and placed your controller down.

"Oh that~ Yeah I was going to get some rest but decided to 'Switch' it up!" You said. When you didn't hear a response you grumbled. "........Leon can you laugh at my jokes for once?!"

"...Oh. Sorry Y/N. You play games at 1 in the morning? Is this why you sleep so late?"

"Well....not exactly," You murmured. You laid your head on Leon's shoulder, your eyes slowly beginning to shut.

"Y-You're falling asleep?! You were just speaking 3 seconds ago!!" Leon exclaimed. You mumbled a few words before your eyes opened again.

"Oh....sorry. I guess I'm officially tired," You sheepishly said. "Where's...Raihan?"

"Raihan had some business to attend to. He should be back in a couple of hours," Leon explained. He noticed your eyes closing yet again and smiled. "It's best to get some rest Y/N."

"Oh...O-okay."

You stood up and plopped face-flat on your bed, murmuring a quick "Goodnight." You weren't sure if Leon heard you or not, but didn't bother to think too much about it.

~

You woke up to the feeling of intense cold. You wrapped sheets around your body in an attempt to stay warm, noticing that it was still dark out.

"What time is it?" You murmured. You checked your phone and noticed you had slept for about an hour. You climbed out of bed and pressed a few buttons on the thermostat.

"Why is it not working?!" You grumbled, pressing the buttons a bit more forcefully. The thermostat appeared to be dead. At this rate, you would freeze.

You looked over at Leon, noticing that he was peacefully asleep on the couch. He wasn't even affected by the cold temperature. It must have been the cape.

"Leon," You whispered, gently shaking the Champion. Leon's yellow eyes slowly opened.

"Y/N? What's wrong?" Leon asked. "Did you...miss me already~"

You shook your head.

"N-no Leon, I'm freezing...."

Leon propped himself up and gently lifted his cape.

"You can sleep with me if you'd like. I'll keep you warm," Leon suggested. You fumbled with your sheets and looked away.

"Are you sure? I...don't want to be a bother..."

"You're never a bother Y/N."

You smiled and climbed onto the couch. Your cheeks flared as you quickly turned away, your back now against Leon's chest.