The Flash Becomes Reality...

Chisa's POV

Clink...

Clank...

Clink...

The annoying sound of metal clanging against more metal fills my ears, pulling me out of my dreamless sleep. I struggle to open my eyes; they feel too heavy.

Then suddenly, my memories hit me like a brick.

The Chimera...
The blood...
Renfred...
Alice...
The pain...
Joseph's disapproving glare...
"I'll deal with you later..."

Fear pulses through my bloodstream as I force my eyes open; a blinding white light captures my sight and immediately I try to sit up.

Big mistake. Agony burns through my body like fire. I groan, tears seeping from my eyes as wave after wave of excruciating throbs rake through my small frame.

Carefully, I try to slowly raise myself from whatever I'm lying on; I don't get very far before I'm yanked back. I squint in confusion as my back meets a hard, cold surface - I didn't notice it before. I try again, only to be pulled back down a second time.

My fear heightens; realisation hits me as my eyes begin to adjust to the light. My breathing hitches as I recognise the hospital-like torture chamber. No no no! I start thrashing against the restraints, hoping somehow, by some miracle, that they would give out.

With my energy quickly diminishing, I stop. Panting heavily, a lump forms in my throat as tears fall from my eyes. Struggling... is pointless. I can't escape him, no matter how hard I try.

I spot Joseph instantly, exactly where he was in the Flash, shifting through the surgical instruments. He's humming that same tune, giving me goosebumps at how accurate my ability is. I see him lift the sharp scalpel... I immediately freeze. I start thrashing again, praying that these bonds will break - they don't.

He turns around. I can't stop the shiver that climbs up my spine as he gives his closed eye smile. Then he speaks:

"Are you afraid...?"

He pauses, and begins to walk over to the metal bed where I was tied down. I follow his movements - I instantly feel sick because I know what comes next...

I shake uncontrollably. He bends down and cups my check with his hand, leaning in closer to my ear. His next words chilled me to the bone...

"You should be, Chisa..."

I cry. What is he going to do? Is he going to kill me? Maybe I should wish for death...

"You seem distracted, puppy. I have to say, I was expecting a different reaction from you. Why do you appear calmer than I predicted you'd be?"

He's stalling. Thinking that I could get myself out of this situation, the words tumble out of my mouth before I think about them:

"I already saw this happening!"

No! Why did I say that?!

"Oh? Is that so? How, pray tell, did you see this happening, Chisa?"

I keep my mouth shut. He can't know. He'll find a way to take advantage of my ability. I know he will.

"Answer me, puppy. Truthfully. I'll know if you're lying..." he threatens.

And I believe his threat. He's in a position where he can make threats. Who knows what he'll do if I lie. So, out of fear, I tell the truth.