Little Chats...

Chisa's POV

My heart was hammering inside my chest as Joseph's grey eyes burned holes into my own. He was waiting for me to say something... but I was so confused...

Little chat? About what?

"What... what do... you mean?"

I chose my words carefully, trying my best not to provoke his wrath. He smiled innocently - but the gleam in his eyes showed his villainous side. His next actions were quick and calculated - I had no time to react. In one second, I was minding my own business, sitting on the sofa. In the next second, Joseph had put his hands under my arms and yanked me off the couch. As I was stumbling forwards, arms outstretched to catch myself, Joseph moved behind me, snaking his arms around my waist while he was sitting down, pulling me onto his lap. His other hand covered my mouth tightly, preventing the shrill scream that wanted to escape, causing my hands to instinctively fly to my mouth, trying to pry his hand off.

"Don't resist me, puppy. You know it's pointless." He chastised me.

I knew he was right - and so did he. In that moment, I was petrified. My breathing was uneven and I was shaking violently. I cursed myself for being so weak. Then I cursed myself again for making that stupid mistake... I don't even know how long ago it was...

He slowly removed his hand from my mouth, and moved it to my waist. He wasn't holding me tightly, but firmly so I would know not to wriggle away. I hated the control he had over me - I hated it.

I let my arms fall to my sides, accepting defeat - he quickly pinned them to my sides with his arm so I wouldn't be able to escape. I let my head roll back into his shoulder. I instantly felt his cold breath near my ear, making me shudder. I kept staring straight ahead, focussing on the dull grey wall - anything was better than Joseph's creepy smile. It wasn't long before he spoke:

"What do I mean? Well, puppy, let me enlighten you. You asked me a daring question earlier... Do you remember? Hmm?"

My own voice rang like a bell in my memory...

"Did I deserve the agony you inflicted upon me?"

My blood ran cold... This is what he wants to talk about? He called it a 'daring question'. I mean, I did speak without thinking, but my words have a valid point... no one deserves that kind of pain...

But does Joseph deserve it?

I'm lost in my thoughts until Joseph runs his hand through my hair and suddenly tugs on it sharply, causing a strained hiss to escape from my lips. His lips practically touch my ear, causing a wave of uneasiness to wash over me.

"I asked you a question, Sleigh Beggy. I expect an answer."

His voice was sharp, and I gulped. Struggling to form words I answered him:

"Y...yes... I-I... remem...ber..."

I had a feeling Joseph was enjoying my current, fearful state. I could practically feel him smirking against my ear.

"Good girl, that wasn't difficult, was it?" Joseph releases my hair, letting it cascade down my shoulders before he starts stroking the strands with care.