Chapter Sixteen

"So, why are we doing this again?" Jason asked from his position sprawled out on Stephanie's bed.

"Because we can?"

"Because you all hate me?"

"Because I want to see the look on my mom and dad's faces when they come home and see our magnificent handiwork."

Dick, Tim, and Helena, respectively, all answered Jason at the same time. Jason peered over the edge of the bed to look down at the banner that the girls and Dick were working on. It was this long piece of white paper with rainbows drawn on the end that read:

Surprise! We're all here and (most) of us are Queer!

Since they had discovered during Jason's bedrest boredom and slight drug induced nerf gun war that most of them were somewhere on the LGBTQ spectrum, they decided to have a 'group coming out party'. Stephanie's idea, of course, despite her being one of the straight ones. The rest of the sibling group had agreed to it, albeit some of them rather reluctantly.

So they had pulled Alfred in on it and sworn him to secrecy as the family grandfather figure prepared many rainbow and pride colored treats and delicacies, thanks to Helena's begging and Stephanie's promise of doing the dishes. She was totally going to black mail her siblings into helping, but the less Alfred knew, the better.

Currently, they were all gathered in Stephanie's room trying to finish up the banner before the 'party' that night. Their parents had no idea it was happening, they were going to surprise them when they came home early from a date night.

"So, we need to decide. Significant others or no?" Barbara asked. "I could go either way on this one, that is entirely up to you guys."

"We don't want to overwhelm them...but on the other hand, is it really a party if Dick and Wally don't do karaoke?" Helena smirked at her twin brother, who threw a pillow at her head. She squealed, shielding the banner. "Wet paint, you dimwit!"

Damian snickered, snapchatting the ensuing bickering to Jon with a caption about how lucky Jon is to be an only child. Jon replied instantly with a picture of Kon hogging the video game console, saying that cousins can be just as annoying. Damian smiled fondly down at his phone, getting into a snapchat exchange while his older siblings continued their debate.

"I think its unfair if we do significant others."

"Why?"

"Uh, because I don't have one?" Jason spoke matter-of-factly. "And what about Damian? He's twelve! He shouldn't have a significant other at his age, so its unfair for him, too."

"What about Harper?" Stephanie sang Roy's last name, laughing at the blush on Jason's face and the mumbled curses sent her way. "Fine, we won't do SOs. We will do 'plus ones', how's that? You can invite Roy and Damian can invite whoever has him smiling like that and ignoring us over there."

Damian felt his ears burning and popped his head up out of his phone to see all of his siblings staring at him. "What?" They all just smirked at him. "What? What did I do?"

"Oh, nothing." Cassandra ruffled his hair. "Invite whoever you are texting to the party tonight, we all get plus ones."

Damian nodded, texting Jon and seeing if he wanted to come. Jon replied instantly that he would see if he could make it and then shot another text that he never thought he would be going to the famous Wayne Manor and then another text apologizing for being insensitive. Damian just chuckled, assuring him that it was okay.

Everyone else texted their respective people and got affirmatives that they would be there. Dick turned to Helena. "Did you finish the shirts yet?"

Helena cursed. "I need to pick them up from one of mom's shop!"

Tim groaned. "I am not wearing that shirt!"

Jason slung an arm around his shoulder. "Timbo, we are all wearing them, whether we like it or not."

Tim glared at his older brother. "I can't believe you of all people would agree to wear it."

Jason shrugged. "What can I say? If me wearing it gets you and Damian wearing one, then hell yes I'm in."

Tim cursed at Jason, making the older boy chuckle. Tim pushed Jason off him, muttering under his breath about how much he wishes he was born in a different, more normal family.

"Normal is overrated, Tim. Now who is coming with me to pick up the shirts?" Helena asked.

"I'll go." Cass and Damian answered at the same time, exiting the room with Helena after stating that they would be back soon.

"I'm going to go see if Alfred needs help in the kitchen." Stephanie stated, standing up with a big stretch. Barbara followed her out, mumbling something about making sure the blonde wasn't going to slack off somewhere.

That left Tim, Dick, and Jason in Stephanie's room with the mostly finished banner. Dick clapped his hands once. "Well! This thing isn't going to finish itself, y'know."

Tim moaned. "Dick, no."

"Dick, yes." Dick pulled Tim from the bed. "Just finish painting the rainbows, Timothy. That will be your participation for this wonderous event."

"What about Jason? How come he doesn't have to help?" Tim half whined.

"Hey, I showed up, didn't I?" Jason smirked at Tim's grin.

"He has a point, he could've run away again." Dick snickered.

"Ouch, you wound me." Jason laughed along with Dick and Tim, glad that they could joke about it like normal brothers. Jason was happy that the whole episode was behind him and was determined to keep the past in the past and focus on the future with his family by his side.

After that, they fell into an easy silence as Tim worked on the rainbows. Jason played around with his phone, debating whether or not to invite Roy when Dick lightly kicked his thigh. He smiled at him, seeming to read his mind as he nodded. "Just do it."

Jason sighed, relieved that someone else made the decision for him. He texted Roy, getting a reply almost instantly that Roy would be there. He then got a second text, one that asked if this was Jason's way of asking him out on a date and if so Roy accepts.

Jason felt his face burn and he buried it in a pillow. Not far enough that he didn't hear his brothers' snickers though.

Jason stuck his hand out and flipped them both his middle finger.

I was going to put the party in this chapter but I decided to split it into two parts. I hope you enjoyed this!