Chapter 2

"Alright Lucifer, you can do this" he says to himself as he looks at himself in the mirror hanging on the wall in the hallways of the compound. "You've got this. It's just Rose" he says to himself.

Rose who used to threaten to kill him back when she was a reaper because he used to annoy the hell out of her whenever he was on the reaper plane but still Rose his friend nonetheless.

"You've got this" he says one last time before walking into Henrik's nursery as Rose turns to face him in surprise, carrying the sleeping baby in her arms

His goal?

Get her to speak for longer than 5 minutes and maybe even get a smile from her.

"Lucifer?" she comments, surprised to see him in here.

"Rosella, what a–!"

"Shh" she says, gesturing for him to speak softly since she was about to put Henrik down for his nap.

"What a pleasant surprise" he adds softly as she arches an eyebrow at his odd behaviour.

The look on her face says 'you do realise where you are at the moment, right?'

"Right...I'm here... In your son's nursery" he adds awkwardly as he deciphers her expression as he grabs ahold of one of the books and nearly drops it but catches it quickly.

"What is this about Lucifer?"

"What? Why would you assume that I'm up to something?" he asks her.

"I didn't say you were up to anything" Rose says dryly, without realising that this is the most that she's talked in a long time. "I'm thinking it now though" she adds.

"Huh? Wonder why people always think I'm some sort of suspect" he adds as he places the book back in its place, "must be something about this face" he adds smugly as Rose rolls her eyes at the statement as she puts Riky back into his crib

Lucifer's ego may literally be the same size as Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Rushmore combined.

"Don't stop now you handsome devil you" Rose says dryly as she turns away from her son to face her friend when she's sure that he's sleeping soundly.