Chapter 4

Rose, Elijah and Klaus were all waiting in the waiting area of Madame Josephine LaRue of the Banished Coven's home as they awaited the arrival of the coven's leader.

Rose had done a bit of homework on the elderly lady and found that she had been kicked out of the covens of New Orleans because she had stood up to Agnes Lumen's barbaric ways and methods of dealing with certain issues in the magic community.

And because of that she and her supporters had been banished from the heart of New Orleans, which is the French Quarter, and tossed to the other side of the river.

Marcel didn't do anything about it because he said that he didn't want to involve himself or his vampires in the issues of witches even though his spies had kept close eyes on all groups, banished and otherwise.

"Remind me again why you're both here" Rose says to her husband and brother in law as she looks between the both of them.

"I'm here to make sure the witch doesn't try anything and Elijah is here to be his usual diplomatique self" Klaus replies simply.

"Your faith in your wife is astounding, Nik" she says sarcastically as Elijah snorts at this. "I can take care of myself and I consider myself just the right amount of diplomatic so how about you try again" she adds, seeing right through his bullshit.

"I believe what my brother is trying to say, sister, is that while seeing you in higher spirits is something we all welcome happily. He is still in fact worried about your emotional and mental well-being" Elijah points out simply.

He sees no point in lying to Rose about this thing.

"I knew there was a reason that I liked you Eli" she tells him with a smile as she turns to face him. "See Elijah doesn't beat around the bush with me" she directs as she turns to face her husband who was glaring at his brother. "Stop frowning at him for saying what you didn't" she adds before pulling out her cellphone to check the time and see if there weren't any messages from Bekah or Maze with regards to Riky.

"He's fine, love. Mazikeen, Lucifer and Bekah are perfectly capable of caring for him for a short while" Klaus assures her, realising what she was anxious about almost immediately. She is his wife after all. "Although I can't be too sure about the former" he adds as a way of goading his brother.

Elijah throws a bored look in his brother's direction at this.

He's all too used to Niklaus' petty methods of baiting.

"I haven't been parted from him for this long in a while" Rose anxiously admits to him as she gives Klaus a frank look at his trying to bait Elijah into a verbal spar by insulting his girlfriend.

Sometimes her husband acted like such a child that it was unreal.

"Am I being clingy?" she asks Elijah and Klaus, looking between both of them.

"You're just the right amount of clingy" the two brothers reply in sync as if they had rehearsed the response that they would give her if she were to ever ask them this question.

"You're not inspiring much confidence in me" she tells them through narrowed eyes as she turns to face the door that leads into the waiting area as a dark skinned man walks in first before being followed by an elderly woman.

Rose rises from her seat as Klaus follows suite begrudgingly as Elijah does so out of cordiality.

"An honour to finally meet you Ms. LaRue" Elijah comments as she makes her way over toward them.

Or more specifically the two chairs set up across from their own.