Chapter 13

Tensions were extremely high in the room at the Church where the meeting between all the supernaturals along with the human factions were meeting to hear what the King had to say.

The witches stood in their corner of the room as did the wolves, the vampires and the humans.

The whole scene reminded Bonnie of highschool and how there were 'cliques' that each person was meant to fall into.

Popular kids, jocks, nerds, etc.

"So I guess its safe to say that the supernaturals of New Orleans aren't fans of each other" Bonnie comments sarcastically from her spot beside Marcel. Rose, Elijah and Klaus weren't here yet.

Kol and Rebekah told them point blank that they wouldn't be participating in it mostly because Kol knows that he has a temper and he might end up killing someone (which would further tense up the interrelations of the factions with one another and defeat the whole purpose of the meeting) and Rebekah simply said that it all bored her and she would much rather spend her day with Riky and Vina than spend hours in the same room as the supes of New Orleans.

"That's an understatement" he adds. Elijah and Rose walk into the room as all eyes turn to face them.

Everyone in the room murmurs amongst themselves when Rose makes her way toward Vincent and two of his Banished coven members while Elijah makes his way toward Bonnie and Marcel.

"When exactly does His Majesty plan to grace us with his presence?" Bonnie asks sarcastically as Elijah's lips quirk into the faintest smile at this.

Their relationship used to be much less amiable but now he can count Bonnie amongst those favoured by the Mikaelson family and that list is quite short.

"Unfortunately my brother is one for dramatic entrances" Elijah replies as Marcel snorts derisively at this. Bonnie turns to face him at this.

"Let me guess...another understatement" she adds as Marcel nods at this. "So who exactly are you representing?" she asks the two of them.

"The vampires" Marcel replies as some of the vampires turn to face them.

"The obvious choice" Bonnie replies teasingly, "how exactly will Klaus represent the hybrids without bias when he's the only one currently in New Orleans?" she asks Elijah.

Tyler was the other one but there was a lot of drama there that she doesn't even want to delve into right now.

"I guess we'll just have to see" Elijah replies simply. Even he had no idea what his brother would be saying to all these factions.

"What's with the oval table?" Marcel asks Elijah as he gestures to the table with his eyes.

"Like I said" Elijah says with a sigh as he rubs the bridge of his nose. "Niklaus is always one for dramatics" he adds.

"So this is his version of King Arthur and the Round Table?" Bonnie asks Elijah.

"I imagine so" he replies, looking impressed that she's figured it out.

"Don't look so impressed Elijah. Third graders could have told you the same thing" she adds.

"I don't think it's that part that Elijah is impressed by" Marcel says to her, "but rather the fact that you seem to understand Klaus' mindset a bit more than you may have done before" He adds as he looks around the room. His eyes land on Rose who was talking with Vincent. "You guys need to warn Rose against seeming biased through her favour of the Banished covens" he says to them.