Chapter 17

"I take it that you and Rose spoke then?" Elijah comments in question when he walks into the dining room the following morning when he finds his brother at the head of the table, twirling his glass of blood in boredom as if uninterested in its contents.

"She refuses to return" Klaus replies.

"I pray to whichever deity is listening that Henrik doesn't possess the stubbornness of his parents" Elijah says with a sigh of exasperation as he grabs a seat as Klaus smirks a bit at this.

"He's walking now" he informs Elijah proudly.

"Yes, I recall Rebekah telling me about it" Elijah says with a smile, "in no time he'll be talking and then gods help us" he adds as the two brothers share a laugh at this. They turn to face Freya as she makes her way toward them.

"Good morning Freya" Elijah greets her, "might we interest you in some breakfast?" he asks, playing the perfect host.

"No thank you brother" she declines politely, "is Rose returning anytime soon? We have much work to do" she adds to them.

"She'll be here shortly to drop Riky off" Elijah replies.

"May I ask why she doesn't live in this house?" she asks them.

"No you may not" Klaus interjects icily.

"Are you certain we can't interest you in some breakfast?" Elijah asks her in hopes of easing the tension between her and Klaus.

"I'm certain" she replies, "I'm eating out" she adds.

"Oh? With whom?" Klaus asks her in intrigue.

"Not that it's any of your business but Rose has asked me to meet up with a man named Vincent Griffith" Freya replies.

"Well then, enjoy yourself" Klaus says sarcastically as he takes a sip of his blood.

"Your kindness is much appreciated, Niklaus" she retorts just as sarcastically. "I'm off" she says about to walk off, "oh and do tell your spies to make themselves known from the beginning as trying to hide would be futile" she says to Klaus, referring to the spies that she undoubtedly knows he will have watch and follow her. Freya walks off at this as Elijah turns to face his brother.