Chapter 12

Rose, Bonnie, Elijah and Klaus were making their way down the streets of the French Quarter with the rest of the funeral procession for Josephine LaRue.

It was raining and all the attendees in the procession were carrying umbrellas.

"New Orleans funerals sure are something else" Bonnie comments from beside Rose as she looks around at all the people there.

"Yeah" Rose nods.

"Might I just say that despite the somber circumstances you ladies still manage to look quite beautiful" Elijah compliments them.

"I knew I married the wrong brother" Rose teases as she turns to face them over her shoulder.

"I tell you that you're gorgeous every single day, love" Klaus says in his defense as his eyes scan around their surroundings.

He was alert 24/7 and Rose doesn't even bother trying to tell him to relax a little more nowadays. The threat that Dahlia poses is quite real after all.

"Mrs. Mikaelson" someone comments as she turns to face the source.

It was a redheaded woman with silvery-blue eyes who was holding a black umbrella much like everyone else's.

"Vincent would like to have a word with you" she adds as Rose nods at this.

"I'll be back soon" she says to her family as she excuses herself to make her way toward Vincent along with the woman.

Klaus scoffs loudly at this as Bonnie turns to face him.

"Problem?" she asks him.

"Niklaus has what many might call...reservations about the new leader of the Banished covens" Elijah fills her in.

"You mean because of his obvious crush on Rose?" Bonnie asks them.

"So you've noticed it too" Klaus groans, "oh well this is just absolutely bloody marvelous!" he adds sarcastically.

"It's kinda hard not to when he's looking at her like she hung up the moon" she adds.

Klaus narrows his eyes at her for this comment.

"Witch, are you trying to purposely rile me up?" he asks in an icy tone of voice.

"Not that it isn't fun to do so" Bonnie interjects with a smug grin, "but I'd have imagined that you'd have a little more trust in her than this" she says, "especially after the shit you two have gone through" she adds as Elijah nods, agreeing with her.

"Oh well isn't this nice, looking at you tag-teaming on me, who would have thought" he says bitterly as he looks between the two of them.

"Niklaus, has Rose given you any indication that she might in anyway reciprocate Vincent's romantic affections for him?" Elijah asks his brother.

"No" Klaus admits begrudgingly.

"Then have a little more trust in her and stop being such a..." Bonnie trails off when she notices that the procession was slowing down when they rounded the corner leading to Lafayette Cemetery. "What's going on?" she asks them.

"That is a good question" Klaus says as he makes his way through the crowds to get to the front of the procession where Rose had been talking softly with Vincent.

"The New Orleans covens" Vincent comments when he sees the people blocking their path. "We should have known that they wouldn't have made this easy for us" he says as their procession slows with a halt as he and Rose share a concerned look.

"You are not welcome here" an elderly witch comments acidly when her eyes land on Rose and Vincent.

"This is our home" Vincent replies coolly, playing an air at diplomacy. "Just as much as it is yours" he adds.