Chapter 25

Maze, Klaus, Kol and Freya were with Vincent, his witches and the other half of Klaus' vampire army in Lafayette Cemetery.

Freya exhales slowly as the members of the witches of New Orleans make their way into the cemetery as the two opposing parties glare each other down.

Vincent's eyes narrow at the large amounts of supernaturals that were under Dahlia's rule. They should have known better than to assume that she would only have witches under her control.

These people also consisted of wolves, vampires and witches.

Clearly Dahlia hadn't underestimated any of them. Annabelle Russell was at the fore of the group. It isn't hard to see whose side they have chosen in this war.

"You've betrayed the treaty of the Council that we all agreed to" Vincent voices out to Annabelle as he eyes the army assembled against them.

"There was no true treaty between us you buffoon" she insults him as if he's the dumbest person alive for believing that such a thing could exist between the witches and the other supernaturals.

"Why are we even still talking? Let's just kill this bitch and her psycho army already" Maze comments impatiently from beside Freya.

Some of Dahlia's werewolves growl angrily at Maze's words.

"You killed our elder" Annabelle spits out acidly as she glares at Klaus, "and you" she says to Vincent, "you are no member of the great witches of our Ancestors" she adds. "And we will have our revenge" she adds.

"If you fight us you will all die" Klaus comments. Annabelle laughs harshly at this.

"Very well" she says, prepared to die for her cause. "I'll have done my duty of getting rid of you diseased vermin from my city!" She adds.

"You can still stand down!" Vincent shouts to the people accompanying Annabelle. "There doesn't need to be more bloodshed than necessary!" He adds.

"Oh spare us!" Annabelle says to him as Vincent glares at her. "Hit us with your best shot" she says mockingly to him.

"Very well" he says as his eyes zero in on her as a determined look settles into his eyes. Since Annabelle wants a fight then it's a fight he'll give.

They all attack without another word being said. Freya throws spell after spell at them as Maze attacks them, using her demon blades on them as the last thing they see before they take their last breaths is the glint of red in Maze's eyes.

Klaus' own eyes glowed golden as he and Kol ripped out hearts, drenching themselves in the blood of their enemies as Freya used her itinerary of spells to kill the people that her aunt had sent to kill her family. She refused to fail them. She'd rather go down with them than return to her aunt.

The New Orleans witches are formidable opponents. Dahlia had taught them powerful spells.

The likes of which Freya has only seen her aunt use.

She could feel that the barrier spell she had placed on the Cemetery to keep anyone from leaving or entering was still strong as she spotted Maze slice her dagger across the throat of one of their enemies without a second thought before rushing back into the fight.

~Fall On Me~

"I must commend you for your courage" Dahlia comments with her back turned from Rose as she claps patronisingly as she turns to face Rose as the former reaper makes her way into another forest clearing where Dahlia was waiting for her. "Not many have stood defiantly before me as you do" she adds.