Chapter 3

"Witch, where are you going?" Rebekah asks Bonnie when she sees Bonnie pulling her bag down the stairs the following morning. She recalls hearing a car pull up in front of their house so it must have been a cab for Bonnie.

"Mystic Falls" Bonnie replies simply, "I think it's time Kol and I took a break from each other for a while" she adds.

"Well would you look at that. You actually lasted longer than 6 months, who was the one for longer than 6 months again?" Rebekah says sarcastically and sassily as she turns to face the air beside her as if expecting someone to make a comment.

"Ha ha" Bonnie says sarcastically.

"So that's all it takes for you to leave him? A little fight?" she asks as she crosses her arms over her chest. "You do realise that you're doing exactly what he accused you of doing, right?" she asks her, referring to what Kol accused of Bonnie when they argued the day before.

"I'm not leaving him or walking away" Bonnie defends herself.

"Well you obviously won't be here so I don't know what to think" Rebekah retorts.

"We're taking a break" Bonnie says, "just so we can clear our heads and gather our thoughts" she adds.

"Does Kol know about this 'break'?" Rebekah asks her, using air quotations.

"I...left a note" Bonnie admits sheepishly and lamely.

"Ah yes, nothing quite says 'I'll come back' like a note" Rebekah says sarcastically

"Okay enough with all the sassy remarks. I know that I'm being a total bitch for leaving your brother a note but I just need...air" she adds as Rebekah watches her carefully.

"Okay" Rebekah nods, "I can understand a woman's need to get some...air from her partner sometimes" She adds, "just don't do anything that I wouldn't do" she adds

"Which is what exactly?" Bonnie asks teasingly.

"Ha ha" Rebekah retorts sarcastically, "look at you growing a sense of humour. Clearly you've been...never mind" she adds awkwardly.

"Spending a lot of time with Kol?" Bonnie asks, knowing what Rebekah was about to say.

"Safe travels, witch" Rebekah says to her as Bonnie nods at this as she gives her a hug bye.

They've come a long way from the witch that hated Rebekah's guts and the Original vampire that hated Bonnie's guts.

Now they were actually...friends.

~Fall on me~

"Rose, there's something here for you" Rebekah says as she bursts into Henrik's nursery as her sister-in-law/best friend looks up from Riky to face Rebekah.

"What is it?" She asks Rebekah in obvious surprise as Rebekah offers her a wide smile at hearing Rose's voice again.

She sounds like the Rose that Bekah knows and loves.

"It's – It's an invitation, I think" Rebekah says as she hands Rose the rolled up scroll as Rose accepts it from Bekah as she opens the scroll to read while Rebekah plays with Riky. "So what is it?" she asks Rose when she notices that she still hasn't said anything.

"It is an invitation" Rose affirms, "from the Banished Coven from across the river" she adds as Rebekah arches a perfectly trimmed blonde brow at this.

"The Banished Coven? What do you they want with you?" Rebekah asks her.

Internally she's afraid that they might want to talk to Rose about the witch that wants Riky.

Were they going to tell her before they got the chance?