Chapter 19

The Mikaelsons listened intently as Marcel told them about what had happened with Katherine, Rose paled considerably the longer Marcel spoke.

"Rose? Rose what's wrong?" Bonnie asks her worriedly as she kneeled in front of Rose. She looked positively spooked. 

"Dahlia has Niklaus' blood" Freya comments as Bonnie turns to face her in confusion. "That means that there is no place in the world that we can hide Riky where Dahlia can't find him" she adds as Bonnie's eyes go wide at this.

"Rik has Nik's blood" Rebekah realises as Freya nods at this. Dahlia would be able to track Riky down with Klaus' blood.

"Rose I am–"

"This is all your fault!" Klaus shouts at Freya.

"My fault? How is this my fault?" She asks him in her defense, "if anyone is to blame it's him" she gestures to Marcel.

She knows that Klaus knows that she's right but he'd never agree because she's her and he doesn't trust her.

"Well why didn't you use the blasted blood?!" Kol snaps at Marcel angrily.

"I had no need for it" Marcel replies with crossed arms and narrowed eyes.

"Well look at what good that's done us!" Kol snaps bitterly.

"Hey, don't place the blame on Marcel" Davina defends him from Kol. Soon enough everyone in the room is screaming at the next person as Rose stared at them through cold, unfeeling eyes.

She feels like she was watching everything from someone else's perspective. Henrik's shrill cries cut through all the screaming like a sword through butter as Rose and Klaus take off toward his room as everyone else follows.

When Klaus bursts into the nursery the items in Riky's room were levitating all around. He dives when one of the items goes flying toward him as Riky cried. Everyone takes cover when the items in the room plummet toward all of them at top speeds. "What's happening?!" Elijah asks worriedly. This has never happened before.

"His magic is reacting to all the fighting" Freya replies as Rose braves through the flying items as she approached her son's nursery like a woman possessed. Riky's crying starts to decrease a bit when his mother draws closer.

"Hi sunshine!" She greets through tearful eyes as she pries him from the crib, trying to force as much cheer into her voice as possible. "Mommy's here. You don't have to scared anymore, sweetheart" she says as she rubs his back soothingly as the items all fall onto the ground with a loud clatter as everyone helps the other up.

"He's an empath" Freya realises in shock.

"Poor kid" Kol says sadly. Realising what that means for his nephew.

"What does that mean?" Davina asks them in curious wonder.

"It means that he feeds off the strongest energies around him" Freya explains, "if there's fighting then it affects him too. It causes him pain if you will" she adds as Davina looks at Riky sadly at this. So that's why Riky had been attacking all of them.

"So negative energies..." Bonnie starts. She's read about empaths but she's never seen one before. That is until Riky.

"They're draining for him" Freya finishes off for Bonnie with a nod.