NeLlo - How Many Tears Can Pour From Your Cold Face? - 🔌

Don't judge me, this is a really cute ship. Still, I will say Matt and Mello are good. Whatever you ship, the third of the bunch is a wing-man. Plus, I don't know the ship name, I just did that.
><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><

Mello was on the verge of death.

Kira didn't want to give him a quick death, he wanted to know he was suffering. Maybe it was some sort of payback. He wrote for Mello to have a slow and painful heart attack.

And Near to watch him suffer.

So, there the two boys were Mello's head on Near's lap.

Near was still comprehended what was going on. Mello was there simply laying, breathing heavily and taking in as much air as he could. He could still move, it just hurt like hell.

"'Mello, what's..."

"Kira... Kira got me, you idiot..."

And this was the first time Near felt tears. He hadn't ever cried before, not even when L had died. Mello was even surprised.

"Near," he started, before pausing to cough, "you can actually cry?"

"I... I'm just as surprised as you." Near attempted to wipe his tears.

Mello reached Near's hair and started twirling it. "You know, I.. Damn, this is hard to fucking say... I never hated you."

"What?" Near muttered, tilting his head.

"You were just too fucking- no. You are too fucking perfect." He murmured.

"I'm not special Mello. I'm like any other kid." Near said, still having tears roll down his face.

Mello was put into a coughing fit. It was getting more and more difficult to breathe. It was going to kill him soon enough.

"Fuck, well..." Cough "this is going to sound," Cough "really fucking weird..." Cough "alright?"

"Mello, you can say anything."

"Near, is it wrong that I..." Cough "love you?"

Near couldn't even speak at that moment. He couldn't believe it. Mello couldn't love him, right? They had, well, Mello had hated him his entire life, why now would he admit it.

"I think I" Cough "didn't want to" Cough "admit I-"

"Spit it out, Mello! Please! I don't want you to regret not telling me!" Near shouting, showing the most emotion he ever had.

"First time" Cough "I've" Cough "seen you mad." Cough "Near, I love you."

And that's where he stopped coughing, and his arm fell from Near's hair. The boy went limp, to say the least. And Near?

Near couldn't even handle it. Mello, his best friend, had confessed and died seconds later.

"And I can't do anything about it."