SaiOuma - Death Road - 🐺

Saihara was already prepared for today. Exactly one year ago, everyone from the killing game had died. Maki and Saihara were the only ones who lived after Himiko committed suicide. Both of them were traumatized by all these deaths, but there was one that Saihara couldn't ignore.

Kokichi Oma.

Two people, one reluctant, one didn't count, tried to kill him. He lied to end the game, but everyone hated him for it.  Kokichi risked his life for another, and no one mourned him. Kokichi had trusted Saihara but ever told him.

That's what disturbed the boy.

Saihara recalled knowing that he could've saved the boy, but never did. It hurt him to even think about how much he could've done.

The detective boy sat in the graveyard, patting the dirt. It wasn't going to 

"Can't forget either." He heard a voice from behind.

"Yeah... Everyone is gone, and we did nothing to help." Saihara muttered, fiddling with the cuff of his pants.

Maki sat next to him, tears in her eyes.

"Shi... Who do you miss the most?" Maki mumbled, wiping her eyes.

Saihara didn't say anything. Correction, he didn't want to say the truth. Maki got the message and decided to go first.

"Kaito, I guess. He knew what I wanted, and he let me. He trained with us, and never let us cry. I think he was the first death I cried at..." Maki recalled, losing all walls she had built-up before.

"O-Oma..." Saihara stuttered, not wanting to say so.

Maki looked at him in shock, "You liked the brat bitch?"

Saihara glared at Maki, "Don't disrespect the dead. I liked Kokichi. He was the only one who remembered me when I died. Everyone forgot about him. He was one of the nicest, no matter how much he lied."

Maki started crying, and Saihara immediately noticed this.

"Shi, I'm sorry! If I hadn't tried to kill Kokichi, t-then him and Momota would..." Maki couldn't stop crying.

Instead of trying to comfort her, Maki just ran off and shouted, "D-Don't follow me!"

Saihara looked at her in shock as she left.

'Maks... Is there something I don't know?' Saihara thought to himself,

"So~? You still remember me~?" Saihara heard an all too familiar voice.

"O-Oma!" Saihara jumped up, looking at a smirking Violette.

Kokichi walked over and patted Saihara on the hat, "Jeez, still haven't gotten rid of this pesky old emo hat."

"W-Why... H-How? Where..." Saihara muttered in shock, seeing a ghost boy.

"All the others were sent to hell, well most of them. All the killers, Iruma, and Himiko are there. Or am I lying?" Kokichi smirked, floating in the air.

Saihara was crying, correction, sobbing.

"Kokichi..." Saihara smiled, cheeks puffy and flushed.

"Is something wrong-"

"Why did you call me trustworthy?" Saihara confidently asked, extremely happy.

Kokichi smiled, "That's for me to know, and for you to find out."

Saihara launched himself at Kokichi, pinning him to the ground.

"Wow Saihara~, I didn't think someone so shy was someone so kinky!" Kokichi grinned, looking up at Saihara

The detective's face turned bright red as the purple haired boy squirmed under him. That's when Saihara eased his grip and kissed Kokichi on the forehead. Kokichi might have been a ghost, but his body was able to move and be touched.

"Shuichi, I hated that." Kokichi pouted, looking at Saihara in the eyes.

"Oma. Y-Your lies don't work on me..." Saihara murmured, slightly embarrassed.

"Aww~! You're not fun!" Kokichi giggled, smiling at the boy.

Kokichi slid out of Saihara's grasp and kissed the tall boy on the lips.

"It's good to see you again emo hat." Kokichi laughed, smiling at his trustworthy partner.

"Y-You only came back for my hat?" Saihara muttered, extremely embarrassed by this action.

"Yup~!" Kokichi smiled.

Saihara could tell that Kokichi was lying, and was just happy knowing that.

Any leftover tension between Kokichi and Saihara was lost after this small conversation.