Dangerous Deception

That evening Hux insisted on escorting Rey to her room.

'As Kylo seems to be neglecting his duties I will make sure you are safe.' He said with a disapproving tone.

'It's unnecessary Hux, Kylo has already performed all the required checks before he retired for the evening.' Rey said through gritted teeth.

'Still I feel it would be more gentlemanly if I made sure you got to your door safe.'

'Very well.' Rey gave in. She sensed it was an argument she had no chance of winning.

As they walked up the stairs Hux addressed her again,

'I'm so glad all that business regarding the letter was sorted out.'

'Me too. All just a big misunderstanding, but it's all taken care of now.'

'I'm so pleased,' Hux said feeling anything but, 'I must admit I'm still curious as to what was in that note....'

Rey shrugged, 'like you said Hux. Need to know.'

'Indeed.' He said through gritted teeth gripping the banister a little tighter. Rey suppressed a laugh. It was killing Hux that she was now included in that need to know and he was not. They reached her room and Rey smiled sweetly,

'Well Thank You Hux....'

'One moment, I better go in before you....'

'What? Why?'

'I need to make sure it's safe.'

'I told you Kylo already checked....'

'Rey I insist! Please let me do my job.'

Rey couldn't think of a good reason why he shouldn't enter her room. She couldn't very well say I can't let you in because Kylo is waiting for me in there and plans to ravage me senseless. She would have to let Hux enter, and just hope that Kylo was still decent. Well....as decent as Kylo could be. There was something very primal about Kylo in general....okay not helping......

'Okay.' She agreed in a squeaky voice. Keep it together Rey! She rattled the door handle a few times before entering hoping Kylo would realise it was a warning. Rey opened the door and winced but Kylo was no where to be seen. She frowned. Hux searched the room and she found herself looking around too. Where was he? She checked her phone. The message was still there from earlier telling her he would meet her in her room.

'Well everything here looks fine.' She could hear the disappointment in Hux's voice. 'Sweet dreams Princess.' He muttered as he left.

Once the door was shut she shuddered. Why did everything Hux say have to come with a side of creepy?

'Kylo?' She whispered.

A knock at her door made her jump. She opened it and there was Kylo standing in the doorway with his arms folded across his chest. He looked decidedly smug.

'What are you doing? Get in here!' She pulled him into the room and popped her head out to see if anyone was watching them.

'How did you know to get out?' She asked as she shut the door.

'I didn't I was here waiting for you when I heard that slimy bastard say he was going to check the room. We both know he was hoping to find me here. God I would have loved to have squared up to him but I know we can't give him any fuel for his fire. Anyway. I hopped out the window and used the drain pipe to swing across to my window. Easy.'

'Easy? What if you had slipped!'

Kylo snorted, 'I could tell you some stories....'

Rey folded her arms and looked him up and down, 'you're very cocky tonight.'