Unlocated

Ocellus flips a page of her book. She is currently in the library with her friends. They have enthusiastically agreed to accompany Ocellus to her weakly trips to the library to check out some books. She will usually read and whenever she encounters something interesting, her friends happily let her share. Currently, she is reading a book about magical gems, something that intrigues her after she studied about the magical properties of the seed that grew the Tree of Harmony. She reads a very interesting paragraph and decides to tell her friends about it.

"Hey, look!" Ocellus makes her book face her friends. She usually reads books without pictures, but she is so interested in magical gems that she doesn't care if the book has pictures. And it will be easier to share the information with her friends like this anyway. The page features a seafoam turquoise gem in the shape of a traingular pyramid.

"This is the Salvation Sapphire. It is thought to originate from an unknown settlement in Everfree Forest," Ocellus says.

"The Everfree Forest is pretty unknown!" Silverstream pets Edith, her pet Cockatrice. The library allows pets, especially since Twilight often enters with Owliwicious, but usually not pets capable of dangerous feats, but Starlight has recently allowed Silverstream to bring in Edith after discorvering that she has tamed him, and Silverstream's been grateful for that ever since. She really loves Edith. She spends nearly everyday with him and brings him with her whenever possible. Though she was punished on some days. Rarity nearly blasted Silverstream and Edith the moment she entered her classroom for her Generosity Class. And Smolder almost burned them to a crisp when she saw Silverstream walking towards her with Edith. Which is why Edith has grown a little more aggressive, but Silverstream's trying to soothe him, with the help of Ponyville's resident Animal Master, of course. After sessions with Fluttershy, Edith almost never flinches whenever he sees Smolder!

"Not that unknown," Gallus scoffs. He doesn't even know why he agreed to go with his Changeling friend to the most boring place in Equestria. More boring than Griffinstone, and that's saying something. All these papers tied together with leather is a perfect waste of trees. There are already a hundred books on the same topic, so why make more? The library is such a waste of everything. Gallus can be doing something more worrhwhile right now, like talking to Sandbar about what actually matters for class instead of listening to useless information coming out from a nerd's mouth. He stares at the titles of books in the nearest aisle. They all look the same. Magical Gems. Enchanted Geodes. Crystals that are Magical. Gallus groans.

Ocellus frowns, a but saddened that Gallus doesn't appreciate books as much as her other friends do.

"Come on, Ocellus," Smolder says, "Don't let Gallus' remark ruin your day"

"Yeah!" Sandbar says, "What make this sapphire so magical?"

"Well, legend says that whoever is able to scratch it will have good luck in solving the worst problem in their life!" Ocellus says, carrying on, relieved that her friends can be really enthusiastic and supportive.

Little does she know that as she says this, a specific little blue Griffin's ears perk up. That Griffin has been having bad luck for the first 16 years of his life, from a brutal half-sister to his parents disowning him, he can really use good luck. He imagines it already. He finds the sapphire and scratches it with his claws, taking only half a second. And then good luck will come rushing to him. He's finally going to find a family no other one can compare to. His home will be the envy of even Princess Twilight Sparkle. Heck, maybe he's going to completely overthrow her and become King Gallus of Equestria, with all the creatures bowing before his claws and tirelessly serving him day and night. Ocellus' next words bring him back from the daydream.