Out of the Storm

Yona held her books tight to her chest, hoping that noyak would see her. She walked through the halls of the School of Friendship, going to a portion of the school that was barely used by students at all. But it was still well-mentained. The crevices were cleared of cobwebs and the floor was as shinh as always, but there was always this certain chill in the air. Yona didn't mind it, though. This was the only place she could meet her best friend outside of her little friend group known as the Young 6.

    "Hey, Yoyo!" A Griffin with light brown feathers landed behind Yona just in time to see her turn around.

    "Gina!" Yona exclaimed.

    "Yeah, so I got to get to class," Gina said, looking at the wall. She could see her reflection clearly in them and she slightly ruffled the pink feathers on her head.

    "But Gina always to Yona during recess," Yona said, quite disappointed, if she were going to be frank.

    "Yona really missed Gina as well! Gina was 'busy' for a week," Yona said, adding a slight sarcastic emphasis on busy. Gina certainly wasn't going to stomp on their one chance to hang out again after a very long time.

"Yeah, well, sorry, Yona," Gina said, "You know how I'm always busy with the group project nowadays. Bye!"

Gina sped out of the hallway, leaving a distraught Yona in her wake. Yona sighed. She was tired of getting stomped on everyday. And what was with the neverending group project? Yona had one, too, but they managed to finish it in five days. Gina was way smarter than her, so she could've finished her project in an hour with her eyes closed and her claws tied behind her back.

But for some reason, she still wasn't finished.

This thought repitively stomped on Yona as she glumly walked towards her next class. She was sad that Gina wasn't in any of her classes but she knew the she had this talk with that Griffin a million times.

"Oh, I just can't tolerate your friends," Yona mimcked Gina's high-pitched squeaky voice which almost sounded like a rat. But it didn't, since this was Gina and Gina was her friend. After all, Gina was the only other creature that still stood by her after the Amity Ball incident.

Yona sighed as she took a sit on one of the dusty wooden tables in Professor Applejack's classroom. Prof. Applejack always insisted on them, since it gave her a slight feeling of home, but the dust bothered Yona. There wasn't a single speck of dust back at home, though it was more of snow.

She was so busy sulking that she almost didn't notice that Silverstream entered the classroom and took the seat beside her. It was Applejack's voice that made Yona notice her best friend.

"Silverstream, would ya kindly stand up," Applejack said.

Yona's eyes grew wide as she noticed that Professor AJ was already in the classroom and that her very happy Hippogriff friend was standing tall a proud, a smile plastered on her pale pink face.

"Yes, Professor?" Silverstream asked.

"Yer late now, aren't ya? Now what d'you say?" Prof. AJ asked.

"I'm sorry!" Silverstream beamed. Applejack sighed, shaking her head back and forth, but chuckling while she did so. Silverstream had always been one of the more energetic students.

"Alright, Silverstream. Ya can sit down na, I reckon," AJ said, then turned to the rest of the class, "Now ah want ya'll to grab yer essays and continue writin' 'em. Ahm up for advice but just remember that ahm not the best when it comes to this 'ere stuff"