Orion: Chapter 8

+*+OCELLUS+*+

"I don't really think it's a good idea to go after your brother, Carina," Ocellus said in a small voice as she took a bite off her chocolate cupcake, and she didn't really know EH Nebularian food could be so good.

"Why is that?" Carina asked, raising her eyebrows, and she felt herself shrink. She didn't know whether that was figuratively or literally though. Her Changeling reflexes were still hard to master for her, though she should try.

    "What did he ever to do you?" Ocellus asked, deciding to not chicken out again as always and instead bring on a little fight, because, she reminded herself, this was for the sake of a whole nebula.

    "Look, let's look past what he did to me and look at what he did to my nebula," Carina snapped, sending her a cold look before moving back to her own food.

    "Yes, but is striking first really the best thing for your nebula?" the Changeling asked, raising her eyebrows and smiling in an attempt to keep things calm.

"Yes, it is. Why risk another blow?" Carina asked, suddenly standing up. Her sea green friend beside her tried calming her down but the EH Nebularian just shook her head violently at her.

"Because it could have been just a one time thing. Besides, do you really think your Creatures are ready for a fight?" Ocellus asked with wide eyes, hoping that the Pony's eyes would open.

"One time thing?! Did you not see that note?" the pink Pony asked, anger powering her voice, and she shrunk as the contents of the note flooded back to her.

    "Okay, so I did see the note, but don't you think we should focus on repairing and defending?" Ocellus pressed on. She knew at this point she was just illogically losing, but hoping that they were logically safe.

    "Didn't you hear what Rosette said about the stuff he used?" Carina asked. She bit her lip. She did remember, but either way she wasn't willing to start a war or anything like that.

    "I heard, but would you be ready?" the blue Changeling asked, smiling nervously as she looked at her other friends, hoping for support, and frowned when they gave her none.

"I know a few friends who'd be willing to join," Carina lied, because while she was the Master's heir, she didn't really have any close friends who she hung out with or would hang out with her. It was just Rosette, really.

"Is it really work risking it all? Why can't we just rob him of his advantages?" Ocellus asked. She was getting quite desperate with this. She was willing to do anything, anything but violence.

"You don't know how protective my brother is of his things," the EH Nebularian said, scoffing a little bit, but pain was there in her eyes, just tucked away in one corner.

"Even so, he surely must have a weak spot that you know of!" Ocellus exclaimed, her face scrunching up in desperation. She didn't get it. Not really. It would be so easy to cause Orion's downfall without going through much trouble. What was that Pony still waiting for?

"My brother doesn't have a weak spot!" Carina yelled, her voice breaking for a while, and the Changeling's eyes widened before shrinking and retreating. She didn't really know that it could have affect the Pony that much.