Fallen-Chapter 8: EOF

Random dedications
Dedicated to fnafdemon -The first Filipino I've ever come across here, with a very kind-hearted soul.
Kuya Ryan, I know that things are looking down for you over there im Quezon, and perhaps you received the worst of Bagyong Ambo, but please don't give up, and please keep believing, because things will get better

Gallus' Generosity Class was about finished and he immediately shoved all his stuff into a sturdy plastic box, what would be his "sewing kit" for Generosity Class. Other creatures had better storage for their sewing materials but he honestly couldn't care less about sewing.

He then threw that plastic box into his bag and tossed it over his shoulder. With one polite goodbye to Sassy Saddles, he left for Magic Class, a class that he shared with Sandbar. Gallus groaned. He and Sandbar were still in good terms, sure, but the way that Sandbar just shoved the door in his face earlier today was quite upsetting.

As he rounded the corner to the violet double doors that lead to the Audio-Visual Room Twilight so often used for her Magic Classes, he wondered whether everything would be smooth sailing, or maybe it'll all be crashing down again. He honestly had no idea what was happening. How could he, anyway? He was as new to this whole Friendship Business as the next Griffin anyway.

He took a seat to see Sandbar already there, school materials arranged on the bleacher-type seats to his right. Gallus walked down the stairs until he reached Sandbar's row and moved on to sit beside him.

"Hey, Sandbar," Gallus said. He intended to sound more intrigued with what was going on in his friend's life but he just sounded dead.

"Hey, Gallus," Sandbar replied, sounding just as dead.

At this, Gallus furrowed his eyebrows. "Okay, what's going on? You're not acting like yourself today!"

"Well," Sandbar began, but was unsure exactly what was going on in his own brain. And he prided himself for being one of the most organized in their group.

"Hello?" Gallus asked, as if Sandbar was some lame creature who couldn't decipher anything. And the tone he used honestly hurt Sandbar.

"I-I-It's that you keep trying to help me while being a b****! Can't you understand that I want to stand on my own?!" Sandbar asked, snapping his head to Gallus' face

With a careless rage, Sandbar stuffed all his school materials into his saddle bag, not bothering to tidy it up, though the mess was desperately calling for him to make it all neat and orderly once again.

He kept glaring at Gallus as he passed by students, shoving them to the side. His glare was so kindly returned by his Griffin friend. Sandbar kept on moving and moving farther and farther away from him, sitting on the farthest seat in the row. He unloaded all his school supplies and arranged them neatly on the bleacher-type seats, keeping as much eye contact with Gallus as possible. Neither of them stopped glaring at each other. Sandbar finally looked away and, with a huff, sat down. He sent one more glare to Gallus, this time throwing as much resentment as he could into it. It was as if there was a visible line made out of heated flames from Gallus to Sandbar.

Just then, the double doors on top opened and Starlight entered, ready to start the class.

+*+

Smolder stuffed the special scroll into her knapsack, satisfied. Most of the students around her were already packing their things, preparing for their next classes.

"Goodbye, Vice-Headmare Sunburst," Smolder said with a playful laugh.

Sunburst returned the gesture, chuckling softly. He knew how much it annoyed Smolder to say his full name with his title, but it warmed his heart to know that she did still try.