Coming of the Attack: Chapter 10

+*+ SILVERSTREAM +*+

Silverstream sat in her chair all fidgety. A full on debate was happening in the room, one side firing their answers and points to the other. One side was Ocellus who was still quite unsure about the war thing and changed her main point every so often. They all knew who was going to lose.

Carina stood her ground in the debate, firing either insults to her brother or actual facts and figures. Her point was kept firm and never wavered despite the Changeling's many other points. It was clear that they were all going to proceed with what the EH Nebularian had said.

    Silverstream was on Carina's side for the debate at the moment. She wanted to fight, and she knew that fighting would probably be the best thing for everyone here. Ocellus' points were good, but had minimum support, Sandbar being the only one supporting since he was a Pony. Though they had battled against evil so many times, he still wasn't too keen to do it.

    Though she knew that once that debate ended, Silverstream would probably fire up another debate. Carina's point was clear and she covered every single tiny detail, and that may or may not be her fall. The Hippogriff disagreed with some of the EH Nebularian's points, and she was willing to debate against it.

Carina had wanted to continue trying to infiltrate her brother's base. She wanted to continue digging, uncover secrets that were useful knowing and may probably be used to their advantage in the future. Silverstream agreed with that. They would definitely need to have the upper hand for more luck.

Carina wanted to immediately try it. She wanted to spend the next few weeks, or maybe even the next month doing so, to ensure that they had everything they needed before they would start to recruit. That's where Silverstream disagreed. She thought it would be best to start recruiting now, and gain all the information later.

    The debate dispersed and just as they had all presicted, Ocellus had lost and begrudgingly agreed to follow whatever Carina had in mind. The said EH Nebularian had a triumphant smile upon her face as she talked with Rosette. Silverstream thought this was a good as time as any to bring up her concerns.

    "Hey, Carina and Rosette," Silverstream greeted the two EH Nebularians as she walked towards them with a smile on her face. She was hoping to play to Carina's favour and show her request as a slight appeal. That would probably help her with the persuasion.

    "Hey, Silverstream. What's up?" Carina asked, turning away from Rosette for a while, sending her friend a knowing look and telling her that they would talk later, then she disappeared. The pink EH Nebularian then turned to the same-coloured Hippogriff with an expectant look.

    "I know you said you wanted to find out more about your brother, and I agree with you," Silverstream said with a smile. She hoped that appealing to Carina would help her and the EH Nebularians. She gave a curt nod, face still emotionless and calculating, and gestured for the Hippogriff to continue.

   "But I don't agree that we should dedicate that much time before recruiting anyone. I think we should recruit Nebularians first. Some of them could be great help to trying to gain information," Silverstream said with a pleading smile. She could see Rosette listening in from the corner of her eye but ignored it.

   "I hear what you're saying, and I disagree. That would not be the best way. They may not trust me yet. Of course, since you're a poor Hippogriff, you wouldn't know that," Carina replied, adding a scoff at the end. She flashed the Hippogriff a smile that seemed a little too smug.