Young 6 in Space: Part 1

Requested by-sunshine185091

"I love space. I really want to see their reactions to outer space"

+*+ ON WITH THE ONE-SHOT +*+

     The library was a peaceful heaven, as it always had been. There was almost no noise to interrupt you from reading and there were books everywhere. The smell of books always made you feel at home. And to some creatures, it was home, to the point that they sleep there and forget about the rest of the world's existence. This specific Changeling was no excuse.

    Ocellus woke up in a cozy sofa, the first rays of the sun's early morning first light shining through the window, illuminating her surroundings in a soft, peaceful glow. The curtains were pulled to the side and fluttered ever so gently once in a while when an occasional breeze hits it. There was not a single peep to be heard. The air was the perfect mix of warm and chilly. And the smell of books all around.

    It immediately hit her. She was in the library. Did she fall asleep here, perhaps? Oh dear. She shouldn't had.

    She looked at the table in front of her. There were opened books scattered all over its lovely wooden surface. Ocellus couldn't help but bite her lip as she immediately closed each books and put them in a pile. She sighed in relief as she realized she took them all from the same section and she just walked right next to the tall bookshelf and began placing the books back inside the gaps in alphabetical order.

    She stepped back to admire her work and breathed in deeply the early morning air. There were great starts for mornings, and waking up in a library sure was one of them.

    She bit her lip again. She had to get back to her friends, though.

    Ocellus inched her way through the library. To anycreature, this place was a maze, but to her? This place was as familiar as the grooves in her wings, maybe even more so.

   She was surprised to see that Starlight wasn't at the librarian's desk, but then again, why should she? Starlight was their headmare after all and liked going to bed at quite a late time. She was still probably asleep.

    Ocellus shrugged. She was fine with the absent of life besides her own in the library. It was what she most loved about it after all. The privacy. Though as she threw open those big wooden double doors coated in purple paint, she saw five different creatures standing in front of her, and one was reaching her claw out as if to open the door. They all stared at Ocellus in surprise before coming to their senses, immediately rushing in to hug their Changeling friend.

    "Where've you been, Ocellus?" Silverstream asked, beaming wide, "We were worried sick"

    "Yona scared Changeling hurt!" Yona said. Her hug was almost preventing the air to enter Ocellus' lungs, but not quite.