Bittersweet

Okay, I will now be dedicating random chapters because why not.
Dedicated to 2ZeroTwo0 - The person that gave me the idea to do this one-shot
I know you don't like MLP, but you're still great! Especially for binge-reading everything in one morning and being the first person to talk in a long time, in a lot of chapters.

+*+ ON WITH THE ONE-SHOT +*+

Goldendrop had never been like Silverstream. While Silverstream frolicked around greeting Hippogriffs happily, Goldendrop just lagged behind, if she ever followed Silverstream at all. While Silverstream always had a wide smile on her face, Goldendrop's just covered the area of a raindrop. While Silverstream could chat all day, Goldendrop could stay locked up in her room all day. While Silverstream prefered summer, Goldendrop prefered winter. While Silverstream acted shameless and clumsy, Goldendrop did things with an analytical brain and a critical mind. While Silverstream had serious anxiety issues over the smallest things, Goldendrop tended to take too much pride in her every accomplishment. It was a wonder why the two were even friends. It was a wonder why Goldendrop found herself holding something she'd never think she'd ever hold.

    A letter regarding the Harmonizing Heights Honor rested in her dark green claws. The Harmonizing Heights Honor was founded by Silverstream's grandmother Anemone Mountain. Anemone decided to start the kingdom, which is now known as Hippogriffia, due to the Harmonizing Heights. She had built the very first house of the Hippogriffs there. Every year, the house would be converted into a stage and one special singer who demonstrated all known qualities of a Hippogriff. When Anemone Mountain died, the house was removed and Harmonizing Heights was regarded as somehwat of a holy place, but they still continue the Harmonzing Heights Honor to this day. And today, Goldendrop was the lucky singer.

     Goldendrop's claws trembled and the letter glided to the floor effortlessly. She stood up from her pale orange bed and walked over to her window, framed with blue, contrasting well to her sunflower yellow room. The sun was high in the sky, hitting the ocean, making it glimmer and sparkle. Fellow cliffs were on her left, some cliffs higher than the one her house was atop on, some shorter. Goldendrop turned away from the breathtaking view that she got each time she looked out the window and looked at the antique clock sitting on the table to her left. It was about time for Silverstream, her family, and her friends to arrive.

     It wasn't like Goldendrop was nervous. More of, concerned. Why did they choose her, of all Hippogriff? She couldn't wait to see the disappointed faces of the Royal Family when they found out that she wasn't cut out for singing. At all. And Silverstream's disappointed face when she found out that her best friend wasn't the embodiment of a perfect Hippogriff. In all honesty, Silverstream was more of a Hippogriff than Goldendrop could ever be, so why did they not choose her instead? And there was, of course, Silverstream's friends who came all the way from the School of Friendship just to witness the Harmonizing Heights Honor for the very first time in all their lives, and they would be very surprised to know that the first singer they would witness wasn't a true Hippogriff. Goldendrop wondered what it would be like if she was a Griffin instead. Griffin are certainly colder compared to Hippogriff, and Goldendrop could fit into the Griffin category just fine.

But all thoughts seemed to scatter as there was a knock on the door. Goldendrop sighed and walked briefly across her room and opened her dark orange door toward the living room. She had no windows here, and she liked it better, but there was beauty in a room with a bed, which was exactly why she often found herself in her bedroom instead of here. She faced the door which was painted in the exact same color as all other doors in her small house. There were small recrangular slits of window all around the door, so maybe it wasn't that dark in here after all. Goldendrop counted to three and threw open the door out wide, but she almost wished she had never done it.