25

March 23rd, 20XX, 12:40 PM

-SoyMilk: can we call right now?

PikaBitch: yeah uwu

-SoyMilk started a call

"I'll just say this now instead of waiting to the last second. You know I got that one job, correct?" Sero was slurring all his words.

"Uh, yes."

"You asked about how this would affect the time I would have in school and stuff, and I told you that everything was fine and you shouldn't worry. I don't like lying, but I did lie. I've been skipping school to get more work hours in. My parents have gotten calls from the school and they tried asking me why I was doing this. I couldn't tell them, 'I'm working as a maid for strangers just to get money for some random guy I like on the internet.' So I said, 'I don't know what you're talking about.' And that was that. I only made about 600 dollars so far, meaning I still have a lot to do."

"Ser - I mean - Hanta, you should always put education ahead of work. I don't want you fucking up your grades for me. Plus you promised that you wouldn't overwork yourself! You're breaking your promise!"

"I'm not overworking myself."

Kaminari was running out of excuses. "Well... Just please go to school more."

"Of course you would say that."

"Will you?"

"Sure."

"Is that sarcasm?"

"Is that rhetorical?"

Kaminari laughed. "By the way, when you said, 'for some random guy that I like on the internet,' what do you mean by, 'I like,' huh?"

"It means exactly what it says, I like you."

Kaminari was overthinking that comment. He felt his breathing becoming heavy. "Um, what kind of like?"

"Come again?"

"Do you... Like, like me?"

"Was it obvious?" Sero began chuckling on the other end. Kaminari couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

"Hey," Kaminari cut in, making Sero quickly shut up, "I like you, too."

"No need to lie. I can hear the pity in your voice -"

"Hanta, I know you might actually be a 48-year-old man and the kid you've been acting as is your son, but I would still like you. Wait, no, I would still love you. I love you and I want you to acknowledge that. It's not pity, it's not empathy, not any of that shit. I fucking love you, okay?"

There was silence for a few awkward minutes.

"I love you as well."

-SoyMilk ended the call