Chapter 0.8 - Raven Blaze

I yawned and snuggled closed to my blanket, relishing the warmth it provided me with

I yawned and snuggled closed to my blanket, relishing the warmth it provided me with. A warm, comforting hand ran through my hair and tucked a strand behind my ear.

Wait a minute, blankets don't have hands.

I immediately shot up like a bullet and grabbed the arm roughly.

"Woah there," a soothing voice said, "calm down. I won't hurt you."

Like he could.

I stumbled backward once I turned around to meet storm grey eyes.

"Oof," I grunted. Well, that's embarrassing.

Aris's laughter echoed off my walls as I got up and flipped my hair.

"I would pay to see that again."

Scowling at him, I turned to go out of my room but he grabbed my wrist and tugged backward.

I fell on the bed and toppled on the ground.

"Aris," I screeched, "you little bi-"

"Tsk Tsk Astrid," he interrupted, "such words shouldn't be coming out of that pretty little mouth of yours. Besides, you look cute when you're mad."

"Oh really," I mocked after dusting myself off, "then I'm about to get real adorable!"

Aris went silent for a second before answering, "You deserve a high five. On the face. With a chair."

My jaw dropped in surprise, "I didn't actually expect you to answer. Normally, I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a better argument than yours but I guess you got me this time."

He raised an eyebrow before getting off the bed and stalking towards me. I took a step back for every step he took forward until I hit the wall.

"Don't let your mind wander Astrid," he whispered while his arms caged me in. My heartbeat increased and I tried to control my breathing.

"It's too small to be let out by itself."

I stared in his eyes for a second before realizing what he said. Obviously, I did what would be normal.

I grabbed his hand and stepped under it and hit the inside of his elbow, making it bend. Then I used his hand to high five him in the face.

You know, what anyone would do.

"Ow!"

I snickered before flipped my hair and walking out the door, but not before I left, I heard him mumble about crazy girls.

Serves him right.

I skipped down the steps into the kitchen to quieten my growling stomach. I checked the clock on the wall and frowned.