Chapter 1.6 - A mysterious Attacker

"Honey, I'm home!" Mel yelled through the house, her loud voice echoing through the mansion.

"Father said that this world isn't for me. I tried to pray for a new reality. So, come to me, we can change night into day. A tied-up moth seemed to know a different way --" Sky yelled back but I interrupted by screaming shut up.

A minute later, Sky and Feya ran down with a speaker and a mic in their hands, "Look what we found!"

We all had that crazy look in our eye as we set the mic system up. Our house was in the middle of nowhere, so none of our neighbors could hear us.

"Princess Evangeline Cristina Kolfindottir!" Feya said in a scary voice, "I challenge you to sing *dramatic pause* the high parts of Into the Unknown!"

We all groaned and Feya rubbed her hands together like an evil maniac.

"Fine," I sighed, "But you all have to sing too."

They all nodded their heads vigorously, wanting to see a performance that I could be ridiculed on.

I grabbed the mic for a second time and took a deep breath.

God help me.

Sky sang the 'ringing in my ear' part before Feya started, "I can hear you, but I won't. Some look for trouble, while others don't. There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day, and ignore your whispers, which I wish would go away."

Mel started after a moment, "You're not a voice. You're just a ringing in my ear. And if I heard you, which I don't, I'm spoken for I fear. Everyone I've ever loved is here within these walls. I'm sorry, secret siren, but I'm blocking out your calls. I've had my adventure, I don't need something new. I'm afraid of what I'm risking if I follow you."

I took inhaled, ready to practically yell, "INTO THE UNKOWWWWWNNNNNNN. INTO THE UNKOWWWNNNNNNNN. INTO THE UNNNNKNOWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNN."

"Ah ah ah ah." Sky sang after.

We continued on like that until we finished the song, all of us ready to sing something new.

Sky broke the silence after we finished, "Astrid Knight, I challenge you to sing Wrecking Ball all by yourself."

"Why am I the only one getting challenged!"

Mel snorted, "Because you're the only one that can sing."

"Bullshit!" I exclaimed, "You guys sing as if there is no tomorrow. It's amazing!"

"Eh," Skylar shrugged, "Also because we want to embarrass you."

I ran a hand through my hair, "What great friends I have."

Feya turned the music up and I groaned before taking another deep breath, "We clawed, we chained our hearts in vain. We jumped never asking why. We kissed, I fell under your spell. A love no one could deny."