Chapter 1.3 - Raise the Bar

💖💝Thank you sooooooo much to @Lele4113 for being the first person to vote on this book! It means so much to me!! 💝💖

"Weeeeeeeeee, I'm a monkey!!!!!"

"Ugh, I'm going to kill that bartender," Sky fumed, "I swear."

"You shouldn't swear Sky," I teased, "You know Mel's tendency with people. The poor guy must've been sick of her."

I scanned the crowd for Feya's face as Sky dealt with a drunk-ass Melody.

I saw Hayden and his friends, Riker and his gang, but had to look around three times before I saw Feya dancing with some redhead dude on the dance floor. Like c'mon, give me a break. I didn't mean to not party, but I would prefer if I was not the only sober one on the drive back home.

A crash echoed in the room, but it was drowned out by the music. I turned to look at Mel, her eyes confirming that she heard it too.

I rested my elbow on the counter and surveyed the room in alert. Hayden and Aris both seemed to have heard it and were making their way there with their gangs. Separate. Of course.

I grabbed my cloak and made my way to where I think the crash occurred. It could be one of the party-goers knocking down something, but my instinct told me otherwise.

Once I was 20 feet away, I slipped my cloak and mask on, now in my 2nd identity, Blood Ivory. From what I knew, Hayden and Aris both were looking for me so I had to be super careful of what I said.

As I approached the boys through the shadows, a slight movement caught my eye.

I stared harder, and it took the shape of a man, "So you guys brought both of your gangs here didn't you?"

"I don't believe we have met, care to introduce yourself," Aris coldly replied.

He laughed, "In due time dear. I am actually here to give you a warning about the Ivory Twins. As you know, they are girls around your age, am I correct? So, Blood Ivory, 's appearances correspond with the arrival of a certain somebody. Figure out who arrived and brought her, you find one Ivory Twin."

Hayden snorted, "Alright, seems easy enough."

The man grinned, "you have your lead, now shoo."

The boys all left, leaving me in the shadows with a smart stranger.

"I would watch what you do in this place, Ivory. You heard the lead, now all you gotta do is not correspond with their timing... Chao!"

I quietly sighed, walking back to where Sky and Mel were.

"We gotta go," I said over the loud music, "Hayden and Aris are here with their gang, and someone gave them a lead on me."

Sky nodded her head in agreement and yelled, "I'll go get Feya, put Melody in the car."

I took a stumbling Mel to Sky's car and open the backseat door with the key she gave me. Placing Mel gently inside, I turned on the child lock. One time, Melody was drunk and we were on the highway, so she randomly decided to open the door. Thankfully Sky was sitting next to her, but it was a close call that I wouldn't like to happen again any time soon.

Sky came and put Feya next to Mel too.

"I have to meet Archer up on a rooftop," I told Sky, "will you be okay?"

"Yeah sure, I can deal with a stupidly drunk Feya and Mel, don't worry at all."

I lightly laughed at her use of sarcasm, and put my cloak on again, "bye!"

She started her engine and took off while I got into an alleyway and climbed on top of a closed dumpster. Making sure the pipe was stable, I hauled myself onto it, using the wall to steady me.

I quickly walked on the pipe and stopped in front of a windowsill. I put my leg on it and pushed off, grabbing the roof liner and tumbling onto the top of the roof.

I slowly stood up, dusted my shoulders, and took off running as Carmen Sandiego would during her missions, except I was very much real.

Jumping from roof to roof and building to building, I thought I would make a very good Parkour practitioner.

I stopped on a roof 20 feet away from Indigo's and my meeting point. I checked the time, 11:52 pm, and caught my breath. I walked over to the top of the roof and waited for Indigo's arrival.

I didn't have to wait long. Her hair was untied and her cloak was shining red in the moonlight.

"I have a situation."

I smiled, "When do you not?"

She snorted before replying, "I heard from William and Brian that they have a lead on you specifically."

"Same thing from a random stranger I met at the bar. He told Hayden and Aris too," I agreed.

"We need to be more careful."

"I know," I sighed, "and Mel and I had an encounter with the Dare Demons and an unnamed employer to kill us."

"I'll see what else I can find."

I gave her a royal nod before Indigo turned away and left. I went the same way but used the shadow cast by the moon to hide me.

I got home at around 1 in the morning, though the window in my room. Sky was waiting for my arrival and bombarded me with questions. I gave her an answer before pushing her out the door and quietly shutting it. I took off my cloak and hid it deep in my closet before going to bed and cut the lights, hoping, tomorrow, I would find a way to throw the two gangs off my train's rails.

 I took off my cloak and hid it deep in my closet before going to bed and cut the lights, hoping, tomorrow, I would find a way to throw the two gangs off my train's rails

Wohoo!

Second update for today!

It's not well written, I know, but I'll go through it soon, I promise.

I hope you guys enjoy it! Stay safe!

Chapter song - "Confident" - Demi Lovato