Chapter 1.9 - A Sniper does Kill (Part 1)

(Sortta EDITED?)

I gave Naina a small wave and walked out of my room cautiously

I gave Naina a small wave and walked out of my room cautiously. It was currently 11:30 pm so I decided to give my counterpart a phone call.

"Hello, Indigo Archer speaking. How may I help you?"

"Hey Archer," I replied, "we have a meeting with the top two gangs in the park on McHaulin Street in about... half an hour."

There was a silence on the other end before she replied, "You got it, girl."

Ending the call, I smirked in anticipation and took out my colored contact lenses. I walked out into the parking lot and took off with my motorcycle and about half a mile before the park, I pulled up in an alleyway took out my cloak and masquerade mask and tied them up.

I gazed at myself in a puddle before pulling on my knee-high boots and going rest of the way.

The street lights were shining amongst the sparkling, black sky and it was drizzling. I pulled up at the park and killed the engine.

I saw three figures in the park and a cloaked girl walking towards them. I smiled and stepped in a couple of puddles before stepping on to the playground tanbark.

"Hello my dears," I heard Archer say warmly, "how may we help you."

Eva glanced at me and I gave her a grim glare.

I heard Hayden take a deep breath before Aris stepped forward and spoke, "We have a problem with a Spanish drug lord named Damon Cartell."

"Hmm," Archer responded, "So I have heard."

Hayden raised an eyebrow and pointed to me, "Does she not have a mouth or something?"

I cocked my head before cooly replying, "She can talk, but you need to give her something to talk about."

Hearing a snicker from Eva, I stared Hayden down before he said, "How about you talk about Damon Cartell?"

I saw Archer containing a laugh and the corners of my mouth tilted slightly upward.

"You're a smart boy, aren't you?," I smirked, "Well, what do you want to know?"

"May I speak," Eva asked. After a nod of confirmation, she continued, "it would be wonderful if you could explain to us why is he destroying our gang?"

Out of my mask, I saw Aris clench his fist.

I wonder why?

I turned abruptly around feeling the someone's stare on my back. Archer ran up and grabbed the swing's poles, landing in a crouch at it's top.

"Miss Ivory," Aris asked hesitantly, "Is everything alright."

I slowly turned around, still cautious. "Keep a lookout," I ordered Archer, "We may have uninvited company."

I turned back to Aris only to find a red light wavering around on his chest. My head snapped behind when I finally found a man sitting on the roof of a nearby house with a sniper. His hand was about to pull the trigger when I did the unthinkable.

I slammed into him and took the shot.

Hola!!!!

Hola!!!!

I'm really sorry for the small chapter but I really wanted to put something serious in here, sooooo......*cries* please don't kill me!

But, in exchange, I will be updating within the next week (so like by next Tuesday) so do stay to see what happens next!

Aside from that, I hope you all are safe and secure and making the best out of this global lockdown.

Have fun reading!

~Whitetaleddeer