Chapter 2.0 - A Sniper does Kill (Part 2)

A tad bit long author's note of appreciations to all those amazing readers out there

I was going to write the remaining part of this chapter yesterday night and when I checked on it, it was 700 views.

I was internally freaking out...

But then, today morning, I saw it at 804 views and I literally screamed for a good three seconds, scaring my poor parents.

Before I continue this book, I need to thank you all so much for all the views, votes, and support that I've gotten so far

Before I continue this book, I need to thank you all so much for all the views, votes, and support that I've gotten so far. I must admit, I did feel like discontinuing this book many times but because the number kept increasing, I was like, Alright, I'll keep it going.

I also need to thank you all for getting this book to #3 in badgirl, one of it's highest rankings yet, so once again, thank you so much.

Special shout out to @Kaleah_170 for being the first one to vote after a really long time!

Ok, I think I'll stop bothering you now! :)

Aris POV:

I groaned in pain once I hit the ground. Hayden took out his gun and aimed it at the rooftops but we couldn't see anything.

Not until Midnight screamed, "Behind you!"

I spun around and immediately saw Daylight being shot at.

"Fucking snipers," Eva muttered angrily. She looked around before running to Midnight.

"You're gonna listen to me Midnight," Eva hissed after grabbing her, "get the fuck up and do your thing."

She pushed Midnight up and took out her gun, shooting at the rooftops. Behind her, Midnight Flame tried regaining her balance.

"Get the gangs here," I ordered Hayden, "and the girls for safety measures."

He nodded and I turned around, trying to get a better look at our foe. So far, nothing came up. Three cars drove up to us and the people inside it clambered out.

That's when it started.

A group of around 30 or so people surrounded us; cars and all. Midnight had a gun in her hand that she slowly lowered and signaled us to do the same. From in front of us, a man with a black cloak trudged forward, his daggers clearly visible from his waistband.

"Ah, Damien Castell," Midnight smirked, "what brings you here?"

Castell didn't say anything. Instead, he motioned his people to grab us. Immediately, everyone fought against the hold; surprisingly even the girls.

I took three steps away from the nearest person but suddenly, there was a gun pressed against the back of my head.

"Move, and you're dead."

I internally groaned before letting them hold me.

The French Prince captured by some second end Spanish mafia.

Everyone but Midnight was held down, yet she did nothing.

She visible took a deep breath before saying, "I'll make you a deal Castell. I have a week to find them. Choose your hiding spot well because you can't move from there, and until one week is over, you can touch them."

Castell let out a huge laugh, "Still spirited I see."

"What do you say?"

He thought for a moment before finally replying, "Deal."

So she's just going to let us go like that?

For some reason, I was extremely hurt, but it wasn't like she was close to any of us.

They dragged us in a van before locking it up and driving away, taking away our hope of the remaining Flame finding us.

Astrid POV:

I smirked into the night. With my head raised high, I turned around and hit the road, arriving at my home at 1:53 AM.

Swiftly climbing up the window, I rolled the curtains up, too last to change out of my coat. I got my gear setup and and inputted the tracking id into the software, a red dot flashing repeatedly after 2 minutes.

I grinned and did a little victory dance.

This week would be very interesting.

Another note because why not?

Did you know?
Einstein couldn't speak fluently until after his ninth birthday. His parents thought he was mentally handicapped.

Ok, that's interesting.

For those of you who have stuck with me from the beginning of this book, let me know what part you like about it so far.

Those who weren't there from the start, your opinion matters too. Let me know what was part which you didn't like or was just cringe.☺️👌

Question of the chapter: What are you doing during this self supervised isolation *being optimistic here*? Let me know in the comments!

(I'm working on catching up on school work. Who knew doing Distance Learning online in 8th grade would be so painful. I congratulate those who are in high school or college and not dying of mental frustration and exhaustion.)

Happy reading!!!!!