Chapter 0.9 - This is going to be fun (Part 2)

"How's your day," Raven asked innocently.

I whipped around to glare at her in the eye.

"You don't shut the hell up," I snarled, "I swear to god Raven, the GO won't know where you disappeared off to."

"Fine sheesh," she muttered, "I'll go annoy someone else."

I watched her walk away before turning to look back at the ring. I was about half an hour early. Someone clearly fiddled with my clock, so I decided to analyze the fights.

The crowd roared as a huge man smashed a boy's face repeatedly. I hate people like that. The poor boy had his hands up in surrender, but the man didn't stop.

Immediately, I tightened my fist and walked up the stairs to the ring. I other words, I was volunteering to take the boy's place if the man could beat me. I saw Raven gasping from the crowd and running to the back storage rooms.

Why? I have no idea.

The counting slowly faded as everyone took a good look at me. My fiery red hair was clearly visible (I temporarily dyed it) and my black mask covered my face well. I stripped off my cloak and put it outside the ring.

"What do we have here," the hairy man sneered. It was a repulsive sight to see him get up with bloody fists.

I raised my chin and stared at him the eye, "I challenge you. Let that boy go, I'll take his place."

Gasps rang through the whole room and I heard them murmur my name; Blaze. They starting putting bets on me and I'll admit, I didn't like to come here very often so I wasn't that popular, but I didn't care. I have street dancing and a gang to look after.

The man started walking towards me as two others took the boy away. I met his eyes and I knew if I hadn't intervened, a life would have been lost tonight.

I went through the ropes and bent my knees, figuring my opponent out.

Weak right leg, slight;y crooked wrist, left dominant.

The bell rang and I lunged, not giving him a second to spare. We both went non-stop at each other, punching, kicking, and jabbing hoping the other one would fall.

I was caught off guard as he slammed into me, and I was thrown against the ropes. Realizing what he was about to do, I rolled out of the way just in time to save my face from breaking. While he was distracted, I swiped his legs from underneath and roundhouse kicked him just before he fell, knocking him out cleanly.

Everything was muffled but I could vaguely hear clapping. I grabbed my cloak and slipped between the ropes again, but after I took a good look at his tattoo.

It was definitely faded, but I could recognize that symbol anywhere. 

A motorcycle gang and often came to my club, the Dare Demons.

I met Raven at the bar.

"I'm not doing any more today," I told her, "Aris is probably trailing me right now and if I stay any longer, I'll raise suspicions."

"Damn," she said, "Already leaving. It wasn't of me right?"

I snorted, "You three-fourths of it."

Raven rolled her eyes and walked me to the door before waving and leaving me in the cold. I squeezed the cloak tightly to keep in some warmth and got on the bike before heading off home.

I really hope no one's awake.

I took off my helmet and shook my hair before running outside quietly

I took off my helmet and shook my hair before running outside quietly. The lights were still on in Aris's and Hayden's rooms. Both next to each other because Hayden's room was next to the guest rooms.

I scaled the building before running to the tree and climbing up and crouching there. I got a little flick from Sky's room and continued up the tree quietly. I got up the highest branch and jumped, reaching for the balcony. The force did cause a little rattle but before anyone saw me, I slipped inside my room, shutting the door quietly behind me.

I probably stood still for 5 minutes. I was terrified if someone saw me, but once I was sure no one did, I quickly changed into my night clothes and flew to the bed, landing in a starfish. The lights were off, the only one being the moon's dandy reflection, and I soon fell asleep, hoping school wouldn't be too hectic tomorrow.

So far, I've gotten pretty far on reworking the book

So far, I've gotten pretty far on reworking the book. The next progressing chapter (chapter 21) will be out on May 30.

Sit tight! I'm getting there :)

Have fun reading!

~Whitetaleddeer