Chapter 1.2 - Close Call

[UNEDITED]

[UNEDITED]

It was lunch now and so far, no one questioned why we were late. My thigh burned every time I moved it around. I didn't get the chance to take the glass shards out so my leg was basically a mummy under my leggings, the bandages the only thing that was stopping the bleeding from showing through.

"Astrid!"

I turned my head over to Hayden's voice and saw him waving his hand at me.

I walked to him, my bag slung over my shoulder, and hair freely falling over my sides.

"What up," I asked, "finally gonna admit I'm better than you in everything."

The boys behind Hayden chuckled and Hayden gave me a playful glare.

"No," he said, "I was going to introduce my friends to you consi—"

I interrupted him with a gasp, "You have friends? How come you never told me, Hayden." I fake pouted and wiped a tear away to make my point clearer.

Sky, Mel, and Feya all snorted in laughter while Hayden's friends, Rayden, Adam, and Anthony controlled theirs.

"I swear to god Astrid, if you don't shut the hell up, I don't know what I will do, but it won't be pretty," Hayden growled. If this were a cartoon, you would see steam coming out of his ears.

I laughed, "Nothing you do is pretty Hayden."

He grabbed Rayden's empty milk carton and threw it at my face. Of course, it went to hit a poor girl on another table.

"Hey, don't look now," Mel interrupted, "but Queen Bitch's coming to town."

Everyone shut up in the cafeteria as Marcella made her way to our table.

"Ohhhhhh," she cooed, "looky here! The slut's hanging out with a class of people too good for her. Are you okay in there hun, we wouldn't want to go into overdrive!"

The cafeteria laughed but I didn't understand what was funny.

She grabbed my wrist, her nails digging into my skin, and I winced. Marcella dragged me out of the cafeteria with ease while I stumbled every step because of my injured thigh.

Once she brought us into a hallway, her friends emerged with a crazed look on their faces. They jumped around, disabling all the cameras before checking the hallways and taking off their crazy mask.

"They know who you are," Marcella/Indigo said, "Luke caught me today in an alleyway and said to pass on the message; We are coming for you Ivory, and when we do, it won't be pretty."

"Hold up," I said raising my hand, "Luke as in Luke Smith, the one from our chain?"

"Yeah, him. Just beware Astrid," Indigo softly said, "I don't want you to get hurt again."

I nodded and fixed my hair and shirt. I gave them an appreciative nod before turning and sprinting away as if she was a crazy woman. 

Marcella (Indigo Archer) is an undercover gang member and helps me out a lot, just like Raven. Indigo controls the intel chain while Raven controls all the shipments. They report to either Sky, Mel, Feya, or me.