Chapter 2.3 - Guns and Roses

Astrid's POV:

Astrid's POV:

I coughed and slowly opened my eyes. The room was white and black and dimly lit by the chandelier while the windows looked out into the city. I gently propped myself up on my elbows as I admired the golden chandeliers, curtains, and paintings. This room was the epitome of luxury.

"Sleeping beauty's awake!"

My head turned so fast, I think I got whiplash. There stood Aris with a suit and tie holding a black briefcase and wearing his signature smirk. I would be lying if I said he wasn't eatable.

"What happened," I croaked out, reaching for the glass of water on the nightstand.

He didn't answer until he put the briefcase down and then tie off.

"You, Miss Blood Ivory," Aris said mischievously, "have saved our asses within the nick of time."

The glass dropped from my hand and shattered on the ground as I grabbed a fork off the table.

"How much do you know," I snarled.

He continued to smirk and placed his briefcase on the table before taking out a file and handing it to me, "I know a lot more than you think."

I opened it and glanced over the papers. The red folder contained all my sightings, my identity, and my relations, but thankfully, not my royal title.

"So," I said after closing the file and extending my arm while getting up, "Do you hate me?"

Aris snorted, "If, at all, you gave me a reason to like you even more than I do right now. You've eliminated al lot of Hayden's and my threats... although, I do feel like I knew you before I ever came here."

"Oh," I said amused, "And where would that be?"

"From France," he explained, "There was someone who looked like the younger version of you."

I restrained from showing any reaction as I took in his faraway look.

"She's dead though."

I stifled a laugh, If only you knew how wrong you were, darling.

Instead, I quietly replied, "That's a shame. I would've really like to meet her."

Aris walked over the room and sat next to me on the bed, "She would've liked you."

I cocked my head, "How do you know?"

He just smirked, "Just do."

I just shook my head as he went to take a shower. The city was magnificent. It's bright lights, the blue hills behind them, and the orange and pink sky made me feel like it was straight out of a fairytale.

I eventually checked my phone for the date and gasped. I had three hours before the gala!

"Aris," I screeched, "Why the hell is it the twenty-second?"