2.

"Fuck, I'm late."

It was already 8 am when I checked my phone. School just started 5 mins ago. I rushed and grabbed the nearest hoodie around me and put on my grey sweats. I grabbed my heavy backpack and dashed out of my room. I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my comb and combed my greasy hair.

"Bye Mom. Love you." I yelled.

"Haley you're late again! Okay bye." Mom replied.

I walked to my bus stop and luckily the bus just arrived. I quickly hopped on and sat down to the nearest empty spot and caught my breath. I rested my head on the window and checked Instagram. There were 2 texts from Maeve.

Maeve: Haley running late again?

Maeve: Better get here, Johnathan keeps talking to me and I really can't stand him and all his bullshit excuses.

I texted her back.

Me: Yeah, late again. Almost here, sorry!!

As the bus stopped, I ran out of the bus and dashed to school. The 10-minute bell rang and went to the main office to get my tardy slip. On the way, I saw the one and only Johnathan.

"Aye wassup, Haley."

"Uh hi Johnathan, catch you later, I'm late."

"Well, I figured. Ok then bye." He replied.

He then gave me the douchiest high five and kept on walking.

I handed the tardy slip to Ms. Rincon and went to sit beside Maeve.

"Hey, Haley," whispered Maeve.

"Hey." I smiled back.

"We're just finishing up our essays by the way."

"Oh okay," I replied.

Suddenly, Maeve started writing something on an empty sheet of paper.

I took out my laptop and worked on the essay. I glanced over to Maeve and she was still writing something on the paper.

Maeve then handed over the paper to me.

It said: Thanks for being there for me yesterday. I was a pain and your hug literally made everything better. I am pretty over Johnathan and from now on I wanna work on our friendship. I don't want to fight anymore and let's be good again?

I smiled as I read the note. My heart started to beat 10 times faster again. I wanted to tell Maeve how I was exactly feeling. But I know that wouldn't work plus she just broke up with Johnathan. It kind of felt like she put me in the friend zone when she said that she wanted to work on our friendship. But I didn't mind because all I wanted was Maeve to be happy.

I ripped a piece of paper and wrote her back: Yes of course. I'm glad you are getting over him. Friends again.

I handed Maeve the paper and she gave me the biggest smile. I smiled back and continued working on my essay.

---

As soon as the bell rung, Maeve and I headed to our next period.

"Haley, can you hang at mine tonight?" Maeve said.

"I'm pretty sure, but I'll double-check with my mom," I replied.

"Oh ok, we have so much to catch up again. Since our fight, we haven't watched The Office."

"Oh my god, I know. We have to finish it before Netflix takes it down."

"Mom said I can by the way," I said.

"Yay great."

Then there was Johnathan flirting with another girl. I cringed and felt so bad for Maeve. I quickly tried to change the subject and asked her a random question about her weekend. I turned to Maeve and all I could see was disgust from her.

Maeve then turned back and rushed to the restroom.

"Hey hey hey. Maeve. It's ok, just don't get him back on your mind."

"How could he?"

"I know but you won't get over him if you keep on being like this. Pretend that he's invisible or something."

I gave her a paper towel and she wiped her tears.

For some reason, I was mad at Maeve for being this naive. I didn't want to really argue with her and kept these thoughts to my self. We just got back together and I didn't want to ruin it already.

We both rushed to our second-period class afterward.

---

"You know Maeve, if you really want to get over Johnathan, you can't always cry like this."

"I know but I am still too attached."

"I get that, but the first step is to stop crying whenever you see him flirting with another girl."

"I will try Haley. I need your help though."

"Yeah I know, I will help you get over him. Now let's stop talking about him and have fun tonight."

We walked back to Maeve's house for the night. Since we lived really close, it was very convenient. Since Mom and Maeve's dad were really close, it was comfortable to go to her house.

"I'm back Dad," Maeve yelled.

"Hi, Haley."

"Hi, Tom," I replied.

"Grab whatever you need. I'm back in the garage if you need anything."

"Thanks Tom."

Maeve was already inside her room. I knocked just to be safe and there she was changing.

My god, she was so hot. I couldn't resist touching her soft skin. She was only in her underwear and a bra. She quickly put on her pants and a shirt and jumped on to the bed. We were so close that we didn't mind changing in front of each other. I set my backpack and jumped on the bed to lay beside her.

Maeve turned on the TV and went to Netflix.

"Anything you want to watch?"

"Not really, maybe The Office?"

"Actually I feel like watching some depressed shit, like romance."

"Sure then."

Maeve picked The Notebook, our go-to romance movie.

"Maeve you're going to cry again."

"Nah I won't. Wanna bet?"

"BAHAHA oh my god. You always say this and you end up crying."

"I won't this time. Like seriously."

"Jeez if you say then."

She then grabbed a blanket and put it on us.

The gloomy weather fit the movie.

She took my hand and held it. I smiled and said, "I missed this so much. I'm really glad we're back."

"Yes," she said.