14.

As I got ready for school I was excited that this was our last week until three weeks of winter break. I said to my self, one more week then we're off. Johnathan leaves the hospital this Thursday and I was happy for him. But what we're all shocked is that it is actually a homicide case. I wanted to know who it was and what their intentions were.

When I got to school I told Maeve that it wasn't just a car accident. It was actually a homicide case. She was obviously shocked as well. But for some reason, Maeve looked really upset today.

"What's wrong? You've been acting so dry today," I said with concern.

"No, I'm fine. I'm just on my period right now and I'm a little moody," she responded.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yes," said Maeve.

As school went by Maeve was still moody and she didn't talk to me as much. I wondered if she was mad at me but I didn't do anything to her that would've gotten her this mad. I wanted to believe that it was just her period.

"Maeve are you mad at me?" I asked genuinely.

"No," she said.

"It's fine. You can tell me," I said.

"No. I'm really fine," she responded.

"You know what? Come to my place I'm making you some bomb ass grilled cheese," I said with excitement.

Maeve still didn't say anything.

I then started to pull and drag her which caused her to start laughing. I laughed as well.

I then finally got Maeve at my house.

---

"Okay sit here and relax," I said smiling and then kissed her head.

Maeve then smiled at me. I quickly changed into a hoodie and a pair of sweats then started melting some butter in the pan. Next, I got some Colby cheese from the fridge and started slicing it into thin slices. Maeve then handed me some white bread and I put the cheese in the middle of the two pieces of bread. When the butter was melted, I quickly put the sandwich in the pan and started to fry it. After about 10 minutes, I finally made it.

"Bon Appetit madam," I said sarcastically as I set the plate on the table.

"Thank you, ma'am. Smells delicious," Maeve said as she smiled at me.

She then took a big bite out of it.

"Mmm, that's so good, what the heck," cried Maeve with a mouth full of grilled cheese.

"Haha, I know. Props to me," I laughed.

I was glad Maeve was enjoying the sandwich. I sat there watching Maeve eat. I was happy that Maeve was starting to feel a little better.

"So tell me. What's really wrong?" I then finally asked.

"Nothing really. I just wasn't feeling the best today. Plus my period is bugging me a lot," she responded.

Maeve looked down while saying it. Which means she was lying. But I didn't want to pressure her anymore. But I definitely knew she was hiding something suspicious.

"Well okay. Just know you can tell me anything okay?" I told her.

"Mhm," she smiled.

---

We then went inside my room and worked on some homework together. We both had math homework to do. Math was pretty easy but Maeve needed help on it. Maeve struggled with Algebra a lot. But I'm honestly pretty good at math. All throughout middle school, I participated in Math Field Day which was a math competition where you have to team up with three people and compete with all the different schools in your district. My team and I got at least a first-place medal every year.