18.

"Hey, Haley!" I heard a deep voice calling me.

As I turned to see who it was, it was the one and only Vitali.

"Hey, Vitali how you been?" I asked.

"I'm good. So you never texted me."

I was supposed to text him?

I looked confused.

"Remember you said you would show me around town?" explained Vitali.

"Ohh. Yes, I know. I haven't forgotten, trust me. I've just been really busy these days."

"Busy with what?" curiously asked Vitali.

"Well, my friend Jonathan and his dad got into a car accident and his dad didn't make it. The police made a further investigation and turns out it's a homicide case. So me, Johnathan, and Maeve my other friend was interrogated cause we were the closest friends of Johnathan and we were the last people he talked to before that accident," I explained.

"God. That's a lot," laughed Vitali.

"Yeah I know, I mean I'm seriously exhausted," I laughed.

"Honestly from what you told me, Johnathan sounds fishy."

I thought about what he just said. Honestly, I could see where Vitali was coming from.

"Why do you think?" I asked.

"I mean I don't know who else do you think would want to harm both of them? But it depends if Johnathan and his father had a bad or a good relationship," Vitali answered.

"I don't know much but Johnathan just had recently come out to his parents right before the accident. Although Johnathan said his Dad approved of him, maybe he could be lying? What if his dad actually didn't approve and Johnathan got mad so he did something to his dad that made him crash?"

God this actually makes so much sense. I got chills as I thought of this possibility.

"Oh my god Haley. What if you just cracked the code?" said Vitali laughing.

"Haha. Johnathan said he needs to see me after school at the park, maybe it could be a confession. But now that I think of it, I'm really scared," I told Vitali.

"Don't be. I'll be undercover and come with you. I can pretend I'm doing something else. I'm actually a black belt in karate," said Vitali proudly.

"Alright then," I said as we walked to our class.

---

I walked to Longdale park nervously. I really hope that Johnathan was innocent. I decided to record the whole conversation once we get there. I pressed the red record button as I was walking to the park.

Halfway there, I texted Vitali to start walking to the park so that he can undercover and protect me if anything else goes down tonight.

I then saw Johnathan sitting down waiting for me on a bench.

"Hey," I yelled.

"Hey, Haley," Johnathan said.

"How you been?"

"Not so great," said Johnathan.

"Why not?"

"Well, I'm here to tell you."

Oh fuck. My pits were sweating like crazy. I was really nervous.

"I killed my dad Haley."

Fuck, I knew it. I was glad this was on the recording, I needed to show this to the police.

"Why'd you do it?" I said it as calmy as I can.

"He said he didn't approve of me while we were driving to 7/11. I lied to the police about everything and made the suspect seem like it's Maeve so that I wouldn't get busted."

God, Johnathan is actually a piece of shit and he didn't change at all. I cringed thinking about the fact that he and I actually became really good friends.

"Johnathan I mean, soon they will find out you shouldn't lie," I said.

"Yeah, I know. I panicked, I had no choice Haley," said Johnathan as he scratched his head nervously.

"God Johnathan. What are you gonna do now?" I asked.

"I don't know Haley. I'm just gonna wait until they arrest Maeve."

Oh fuck, I needed to get this recording into the station, asap.

"Yeah, that's a good idea, Johnathan," I said. Obviously it's the worst fucking idea. But I had to say it so that he knows that I'm on his side.

"Don't tell anyone please."

"I won't," I said as I held his hand.

God, I can't believe I did that. I can't believe I held a murderer's hand.

"I gotta go now," I said as I glanced over at the park to see Vitali in a cap wandering around waiting for me.

"Alright, nice talk. Bye Haley."

I was still in complete shock. As I headed home, all I was thinking about was how to get the recording to the station asap without Johnathan finding out. I needed to inform Mom.

-

A pretty short chapter cuz I wanted you guys hangin' for more ;) Honestly this story line has been going pretty good.