23.

I woke up to a ray of sunshine. I was surprised it was that hot, although it's winter. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and went out to get some breakfast. I believe Mom was still asleep.

I brewed some coffee and read a book. I just recently got into a new book called "Call Me By Your Name." I'm almost halfway into the book, and I'm loving it so far.

After about 30 minutes, I went inside Mom's room to check up on her.

"Morning Mom," I cried.

"Morning, you scared me," mumbled Mom still half asleep.

"I'm sorry, I just came to tell you I'm gonna go to Longdale park."

"Alright. That's fine."

I kissed Mom on the forehead and headed out of the house.

I texted Maeve to tell her I'm on my way.

Maeve immediately texted me back.

After about 10 minutes of walking, I finally got to the park. Maeve was waiting for me on one of the swings.

I smiled at her and she smiled back while waving.

"Hi," I said as I sat on the swing next to Maeve's.

"Hey, how are you doing?" asked Maeve.

"I'm good, I'm good," I said.

"Great."

"Well, to start off, I'm just really fucking sorry Haley. I know what I did was really messed up," said Maeve.

"But why did you do that? Did you not love me Maeve? Was everything all a joke?"

"No. no. I did love you. I really did."

"Well, then why would you do that to me. Maeve, I loved you so much. And I had a crush on you since we were in middle school. I've always loved you. And when we actually started dating, you broke my heart just like that." I could feel my eyes starting to tear up. I seriously didn't want to cry and waste my tears on Maeve anymore.

"I know I'm sorry. I did that to you because you're right. I didn't love you as you did. And I think I'm straight. I've figured it out now and I honestly feel better with Issac and I don't think I'm into girls."

"Well, you literally could've just told me that instead of lying like that. You broke my heart. I have torn for weeks Maeve."

Maeve didn't say anything but looked down.

"Well, at least I got closure but I can't be your friend anymore. We're done and I wish you luck for the rest of the years. Being your best friend has been a pleasure and well good luck."

"But Haley-" stuttered Maeve.

"No buts. I don't think I can really forgive you. This is saying I accept your apology and I forgive you. If you really care about me, just accept this okay?" I said.

"Alright then," Maeve muttered. Maeve looked upset and I could feel the regret she was getting.

I was happy I got closure.

I walked back home and felt a lot of things disappear out of my chest.

I felt so good getting the closure I wanted but half of me was still disappointed about why Maeve would play with my feelings like that if she knew she was straight.

I didn't want to focus on the past anymore and just continue with life. I didn't want anyone in my way anymore.

I got back home and told Mom that I got closure from Maeve.

She said it was a good idea that I completely end things with Maeve.

I went back to my room and continued reading my book.

I couldn't stop thinking about Vitali and what I told him that night. I was such an indecisive person, I was having mixed feelings about what I told Vitali.

I texted Vitali.

Me: Hi

It took a while for a response from Vitali.

Vitali: Hey

Me: What are you doing today?

Vitali: Nothin' much.

Me: Same honestly.

Vitali: Might be going to the mall with my mom though.

Me: Oh cool, I actually went with my mom yesterday.

Vitali: Anything you needed to tell me?

Me: Nah. I was just bored honestly and wondering what you were doing.

Vitali: Oh okay. We can plan something this winter break.

Me: Yeah sure. And by the way, I ended things with Maeve like completely. I got closure from her and I told her that if you want me to forgive you, our friendship has to end.

Vitali: You did? So you know why she did that to you?

Me: Apparently she's not straight and she doesn't really love me as I did.

Vitali: Oh damn.

Me: Honestly she could've just said that to me instead of lying like that.

Vitali: I know. I get you. At least you got closure right?

Me: Yeah. I feel so much better saying all those stuff to Maeve and getting the closure I wanted.

Vitali: Mhm. We can hang out this week Monday.

Me: I want to do a study session.

Vitali: Sure why not?

Me: Alrighty then. Bye Vitali.

Vitali: Bye Haley.