11.

It was 3 am in the morning when Mom barged in my room and told me something that I would never in my life wanted to hear.

"Haley!" she cried as she patted my shoulders at least five times.

I looked at her confused and was still half asleep.

"What's going on Mom?" I groaned.

"Johnathan and Zach got into a car accident."

"What the heck at 3 in the morning?"

"Apparently yes," Mom said.

"How'd you know?" I asked Mom.

"I got a call from Allison just now."

"Okay, do you know if they're hurt?"

"I'm not sure, maybe. Hopefully, they're not," said Mom nervously.

"You think it was like a hit-and-run or was it an accident?"

"I don't know. Allison just told me it was a car accident. She's heading to the hospital now," responded Mom.

Suddenly Mom's phone rang.

"Wait it's Allison," whispered Mom.

---

"Hey Allison how are you doing?" quickly said, Mom.

"Not super well. You have to come see us. I don't want to shock you from the phone. We're at Longdale Hospital," replied Allison.

"Okay, Haley and I are coming right away. See you take care Allison," murmured Mom.

"Thanks. I'll see you soon," responded Allison.

---

"Are they hurt Mom? What'd they say?" I quickly asked after Mom ended the call.

"No time to talk, we gotta go to Longdale Hospital right now," said Mom.

"Okay," I said.

As we got inside the car I prayed that Johnathan and Zach are doing fine. Although Johnathan and I had a mini argument last night, I wanted to forget every single thing about it. After a 15 minute drive, we finally got to the Hospital.

There was Allison in a long cardigan waiting for us in front of the hospital with tears in her eyes.

"Hey Ally," said Mom as she hugged her.

"How are you doing Allison?" I asked.

She didn't say anything but burst into tears while hugging Mom.

Mom patted Allison and asked her what's going on.

Allison then finally said, "I don't think Johnathan nor Zach are going to survive."

"Let's go inside baby," said Mom and tried to comfort her.

My heart stopped when Allison said Johnathan and Zach weren't going to survive. I didn't want both of them to be gone too soon.

"They're in the operation room," said Allison.

"Can we go see them after?" I asked Allison.

"Yeah, we can. I seriously don't know how they bumped into that tree though," said Allison.

"It's okay we should not worry until there is something to worry about. We will know when Zach and Johnathan come out of the operation room," comforted Mom to Allison.

"We should go get something to eat," I suggested.

"We should. I'm starving," added Mom.

It was already 5 am when I checked the time. Three of us went to a breakfast place called Milly's Cafe. It was Mom and I's go-to.