15.

As I got ready for school, I still felt like shit. I thought about the reasons why Maeve would lie to me. This was a sign that she never even liked me at the start and it was all just a game for her.

Mom sent me to school today because she knew I wasn't in the mood to do anything. On the way to school, Mom tried to make conversation with me but I couldn't even hear her words.

I went to first period not making eye contact with anyone. I put on my AirPods and listened to "Always Forever" by Cults. This was the only thing that was making me feel better although it reminds me of Maeve in every way.

Throughout the whole day, I ignored Maeve. Maeve tried talking to me but I didn't say a word back. I know for a fact that Maeve knows why I'm upset.

I walked back home and I heard someone running towards me. I turned around and it was Maeve. I ignored her.

"Haley! Please talk to me. I'm really sorry."

A sorry from her wasn't going to make me feel any better. I still ignored her and continued walking home.

Maeve still was begging me to talk to her.

Then I finally said something that I never thought I would ever in my life say.

"We're done Maeve. I don't want to hear any more excuses. I want to take a break and give myself some alone time," I explained. I then continued to walk back home. I felt better saying that.

Maeve didn't say anything but stood there.

As I got home, I thought about what I just said. Maybe there was a reason why Maeve lied. But I knew I couldn't let her get to me. I've always given her excuses but this one hit me too much.

---

"Haley are you ready?" yelled Mom from the kitchen.

"For what?" I yelled back.

"What do you mean? We have to go to Zach's funeral," yelled Mom.

Oh fuck. I totally forgot about the funeral.

"Oh yeah. Just a sec," I cried.

I quickly looked for a black t-shirt and a pair of black leggings. I hope I didn't look too casual. I put on some perfume and rushed outside my room.

"I fried some rice for you, so if you're hungry eat some," said Mom.

"I'll just eat later," I replied.

"Okay let's head out then," said Mom.

---

Mom called Allison as we got to Longdale Church. Just as she was calling Allison we saw Allison and Johnathan wandering around the entrance.

"Hey Allison!" yelled Mom.

"Hi, there you are," said Allison as she hugged Mom.

I'm not gonna lie, there was major chemistry between Mom and Allison but that was inappropriate at this time.

I said hi to Johnathan. He was doing so much better and I could see that Allison has been doing a lot better than last week.

Johnathan's grandparents from both sides attended the funeral as well as a lot of relatives from Zach's side. Allison and Johnathan teared up as the funeral service people took the casket for cremation. We both comforted Allison and Johnathan. All four of us then headed to a restaurant near the church for dinner. We all said our prayers before we ate. I ordered a steak and Mom ordered some pasta. Johnathan got lasagna and so did Allison.

"Johnathan's coming out of the hospital tomorrow morning," said Allison.

"That's great," said Mom to Allison.

"Let us know if you need any help," I said.

"I think we'll be fine. Thank you both of you for literally everything. You guys have helped us with so much," thanked Allison to both of us.

"Of course Allison. We are family," said Mom smiling as she held both of Allison's hands.

What the fuck that was so cute. My heart smiled but I shouldn't be shipping Mom with Allison because Zach literally just died.

---

We then went back home as Johnathan and Allison headed back to the hospital to pack up for tomorrow morning. I was glad Johnathan is recovering so fast.

Back home, I thought about Maeve. A part of me still loves her dearly but it was bad for me to be clingy with a person that doesn't love me the way I love them.

Mom then came into my room.

"Did Maeve say anything?" asked Mom.

"I ended things with her. I felt like literal shit the whole day at school and I avoided her. But when I was walking back home she had the audacity to come and apologize but I told her that we're done."

After I said that I broke down just crying and crying. I couldn't hold my tears but burst out crying. Mom then gave me a big hug and comforted me.

"I'm really sorry honey. Come here."

She then wiped my tears with her shirt. I hugged her tighter and so did she. I was the type of person to hold back my emotions but it was too hard to do that. I felt better after I burst out crying.

"Now you know. Never date your best friend. She seems toxic also," said Mom.

I didn't say anything but nodded. Mom was right. It was never a good idea dating Maeve.

---

Suddenly Mom's phone rang. I'm guessing it was Allison.

"Hold on a sec," said Mom as she accepted the call.

"Hey, Allison? What's wrong?" said Mom.

"The police said they will be interrogating both of you tomorrow at 4 pm. Also Tom and Maeve," said Allison.

"Okay, that's fine. But I just want to let you know that we didn't do anything to harm Zach," said Mom to Allison.

"Of course I know that. The police are just interrogating you guys cause all of you were the closest to Zach," responded Allison.

"Okay send me the address of where we will be interrogated," said Mom.

"I will. See you guys later," said Allison.

---

"What was it, Mom?" I asked.

"The police will be interrogating us and Maeve's family tomorrow."

Fuck that means I have to see Maeve.

"What time?"

"Allison said 4 pm."

"Okay," I replied.

Mom then fell asleep in my room. It was a while since she slept in my room with me. I forgot how good it felt cuddling Mom. But tomorrow was going to be a big day.