20.

I didn't expect it but Mom and Allison have been a thing for a few months. I wanted to fully support their relationship but I felt like things were going super fast. I can't say anything because last night with Vitali took a turn.

Speaking of Vitali, I got a text from him.

Vitali: Hey whatcha doing?

I could see Vitali was interested in me. I did like him but I didn't want to hurt him. I feel like he deserves better.

Me: Hey. Not much, just walked in on my mom and Johnathan's mom making out last night when I got home.

Vitali: Oh, wow.

Me: Yeah I know.

Vitali: So I was thinking maybe if you wanted to go to homecoming with me?

Oh god, things were going really fast. But I said yes.

Me: Yeah sure.

Vitali: Great.

Me: When even is the dance?

Haha, funny. I was asking the new student the question.

Vitali: It's next week Friday.

Me: Oh okay, see you this Monday.

Vitali: Alright bye!

Wow, Vitali really does like me. I didn't want to overthink anything anymore. I'm just gonna let it happen and see how things are going to go.

Mom and I decided that we should go grocery shopping. We went to our local grocery store Vons. It was kind of awkward on the way.

"So Mom, you and Allison are a thing now right?" I asked her to be sure.

"Yeah. But I'm taking things a little slow since Zach just passed."

"Just know I support you. I didn't know you were into girls Mom."

"I am. I swing both ways," said Mom laughing.

I laughed.

"Hopefully they arrest Johnathan soon," I said.

"Yeah I know, but it'll suck for Allison. She's gonna be all alone."

"You're right, but what Johnathan did is so fucked up," I mumbled.

"Watch your language," said Mom.

"Sorry, ma."

Suddenly Mom's phone rang. As I answered the call, it was Allison. I put it on speaker since Mom was driving.

"Johnathan was just brought to the station. I know he killed Zach," said Allison to Mom over the phone.

"Yeah. He confessed to Haley, we had no choice but to report him. He was even lying and saying it was Maeve but it was him the whole time," replied Mom.

"Thanks for doing that," said Allison.

"Mhm. Be safe and take care. I have to go now," said Mom as she ended the call.

I was surprised Allison handled it easily. I thought she was going to go hectic on us.

"I gotta tell you something, Mom," I changed the subject.

"Yeah?"

"So you know the Vitali guy right?"

"Who?"

"The Russian exchange student. The new kid," I assured.

"Oh yeah, I remember you told me. What about him?"