× Five ×

Xisuma poked the trap with a stick, "you think we need to remove it completely?"

Biffa sat criss-cross, pulling a string away from the tripwire when Xisuma removed his stick, "maybe just need to fill in the hole and remove the net. The actual question should be 'how did he get here?' "

"Wait, didn't EX break the door?" Xisuma filled the hole in with the blocks of dirt he had before sitting on the ground by Biffa.

Joe crossed his arms and recalled what EX said to him when they first got here. "Well, he said he broke the portal, which removed the door we used to get here. But he also said one of his friends in the hub helped him build the houses we came in."

"Doesn't that mean we got ratted on? What would it mean for you, X?"

"Father." Xisuma grumbled,clenching his tool he held. "He must be after us. Of course."

"The king? What would he want with you?"

"I'm the last of his kids. The queen is gone, and we have no cousins. It would be the end of the kingdom if he died. He can't bother leave us alone."

"Maybe he should've not thrown out your brother, and he wouldn't have dug his grave like this."

"Can't EX make a new portal to go to a new place?"

"It would leave us vulnerable, Joe. We wouldn't have weapons, food, or even shelter for a little while. Plus, the new terrain could give the enemies an advantage. They could attack at any given time." Xisuma stood up, "let's report back home and tell EX what's up."

"Roger." Biffa shrugged and stood up, the three heading out after they took the tripwires and string.

"I can't believe this." Xisuma crossed his arms while they walked back.

Biffa leaned his head back, heaving a sigh as he looked at the sun through the trees. "Concidering what you said earlier, we should've seen this coming."

"Well, we should keep what is rightfully ours, they know we won't go down without a good fight." Joe shrugged, closing his journal he would keep with him.

"But this means they're on the world, collecting resources and that they most likely have a base." Xisuma retorted, looking to Joe "we don't know how advanced they are."

"We need to ask EX what his friends name was when we get back. Let's enjoy the calm before we have before we have to be frantic."

Joe stopped in his tracks in his tracks, seeming to be staring blankly. Xisuma looked back confusedly, "Joe?"

Joe shook his head, removing the thought he had made, "nothing, let's continue."

"You sure?" Joe nodded and walked forward.