-Part VII-

-—Part VII—

"Tell me what's really wrong with you Deb? " My brother asked me as I continue cooking our dinner. "Bro.. I told ya, I went home because I miss my nephew and niece. That's all! " Yep, I went home to our family house. I just can't face him after that day and it's been a week, my brother Daniel is still asking me that.

He frowns and put his hands on his waist. "I know you Deb, you'll miss your nephew and niece but you won't stay for a day here let alone 2 weeks. You love your apartment and you can't afford to leave it even just for day. " I sighed, he's right. "Hmm.. just some stuffs happened at my apartment, I needed time to think and all. " Then I smiled at him, hopefully he won't pry anymore.

"Okay fine, you have your issues and I won't pry too much. My children misses you too and it's good to have you here for the mean time. When do you plan to go back then? " I shrug and smile at him innocently then we laugh it off and continue preparing for dinner.

I stared at my sleeping niece and nephew after I read them a fairytale. They've always liked Hansel and Gretel and they use to think that they're Hansel and Gretel. I wish I could be just like that, innocent and doesn't give a damn about the world.

"Hey, Gab and Ella are sleeping now, you should too. " My brother's left hand rest on my shoulder and smiled, I sighed. "Yeah I should. " He nodded and taps my shoulder saying "Whatever you're dealing with right now, I'm sure you'll get through it. You always do. Goodnight sister. " I nodded and went to bed smiling as I thought about what my brother said..

Another day has pass and here I am making my way to my work earlier than usual because I still have to ride a transpo and it takes 20 minutes depending on the traffic to get there. I sighed. "I should get back to my apartment, atleast it's not a hassle. " Forget about what happened that day and just get it on with it.

"And.... Miss Deborah Ross is a minute late to work, what should I do now? " I chuckled, "I'm sorry, I got stuck in a traffic on my way here. " I clasp my hands together and smile innocently to Bea. She smirks playfully, "You'll be in the counter for today then, as a punishment. " I smiled at her "Yes ma'am! " She then nodded and head to her office while I got ready to work.

"Hey Deb, why are you late? " Jay ask me, he's suppose to be in the counter today but as my punishment I will take his place for today. "Got stuck in a traffic. " I said to him while I checked the other supplies. "Hmm, why are you stuck in a traffic? You're walking home right? " He ask again confusedly, I laugh at him.

"Naah, not today and the last few days. I went home to our family house somewhere 20 minutes drive from here. " I saw customers coming in so I look at Jay who's still checking and turning on the equipments needed for our coffee shop. "We'll talk later, customer's are coming in. " He nodded and got himself ready.

"Hello, Good Morning! Welcome to Coffee Bee. What would your order be? " I said and smile at the customers. One by one and customers after customers until it lessen and finally we can take a quick break. "That's a rush of customers. I can finally take a break from all of that. " Chuckling through my words as I watch Jay still making the last customer's order before taking break. "Ohh, you don't say Deb and also, there's a customer. "

Jay went off to serve the customer's coffee and I smile and look at my customer.

"C! " I blurted loudly then covered my mouth and look around to see if anyone has heard that, thank God they're all busy. "What are you doing here?! " I asked him in a normal voice this time, he stares at me.
"Did you know how hard I looked to find where you're working because damn D! You didn't come home for the last 2 weeks and I was worried about you! " He's not angry but his voice is loud and I know everyone who's near us can hear him.