-Part IX-

—Part IX—

I felt like floating in the air, my body hurts, my mind is blank. It hurts. What happened? W-wha—

My eyes flew open as I realized what happened. I am in a room, not my room. It's unfamiliar to me. I scan my surroundings, hoping there's something that's familiar to me but there's—

A guy, a familiar guy bending in the side of the bed, probably sleeping. "W-who.. " I swallowed hard, shaking as I suddenly remembered what happened. I embraced myself and couldn't help but cry, "No.. i-it can't..be " I tried to stop all of these cries but I just couldn't. I felt so dirty, I was touched everywhere. I was molested!

"No.. please.. " I can still feel his disgusting touch all over my body and I cried harder. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I stumbled away from that touch but freezes as I saw who it was. "Hey hey.. it's okay I'm here. " His face had bruises. "W-what happened to you C? " Moving my hand and touching his face, he wince.

He grabbed my hand and hugged me tightly. "I made it in time D.. When I saw you last night I lost out of control and almost killed that fckng animal who molested you. D, I'm sorry. I should've arrived sooner. I was so scared D.. Please don't do it anymore. " I heard him sob softly in as his face resting on my shoulders. His hug tightens like he wouldn't want to let go.

"I'm sorry.. I scared you. I was scared too. I was out of my mind, it's been blocked my the pain and alcohol. I couldn't think straight. " I caress his hair as I hugged him like the way he hugs me. He let go of the hug and looks at me in the eye. "I don't want to lose you D.. I hate the idea of losing you, I fckng hate the idea of someone else touching you like that, I don't want anyone to touch you. Anyone including Emman and that Kian, it's killing me D. "

My heart feels warm, this warmth he can only make me feel. I caress his face as he's closing his eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I've hurt you for a long time. I'll make it up to you, I surely will. " He opened his eyes and stares at mine "You always will. " His stares are intense it feels like he's memorizing everything details of my face then he move down to my lips, I bit my lips unconsciously.

His stares didn't leave my lips while he's moving closer as soon as we're inches apart his lips met mine. Our eyes closed

This incredible feeling only he can make me feel, the warmth of his lips against mine made me remember the way the rain falls down from the skies and always makes me feel calm. Synchronizing our lips together, opening up with each other.

Tasting and savoring each other's sweetness then stops. I can still feel his lips on mine and soon we're both panting as we got away from each other. Silence reigns between us. This calming silence.

"I'm sorry. This is wrong. I'm sorry D. " I was dumbfounded when I heard him say that, faking my smile as I distance myself from him ignoring his stares. "No! It's fine. I..I should go.. " then I walked away, AGAIN. Running away is my best weapon, to protect what I had left—the pieces of my brokenheart.

Tears streams down my cheeks as I close my apartment door. This apartment has always been my safety haven, I cry, I go crazy but you don't fckng say sorry when you kissed a girl. A girl who loves you with all her heart. "Stupid Debbie, you both knew that was wrong. He's got a girlfriend. " Maybe he realized for the past few weeks after that confrontation after my work. I did everything for him, going to his work and waits for him so we could go home together, cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner, eating together.

"But I just couldn't be compared to his girl. Stupid. " I went drinking last night because I saw them after his work while I wait for him.... I saw them together....

——

Another day of pursuing Mr. Thompson and here I am waiting outside his company. I heave a sigh. "You can do this Debbie! You're the only D in his life. Soon he will be yours. " I nodded to myself and chuckled, I look so stupid. I checked the time and he's out any minute now.

I smile widely as I saw him walking out of the building, I am heading towards him when there's a girl running towards his embrace. His girlfriend, I stopped on my tracks and stares at them looking so happy and in love. I even saw him pecks her lips, when they were walking pass by me I heard them say.

"Hey babe, isn't that the girl at your reunion? " I frowned and almost cried when I heard him answer. "Of course not, I don't know her. Let's just go and have a date okay? I love you so much. " I run away from there. I run and run until I ran out of breath but I still couldn't get rid of this painful feeling I felt inside my heart. Like something's broken and I couldn't fix it.

——

And because of that I almost lost myself, the last thing I want to offer to my soon to be husband. The only thing I treasure a normal 20 year old doesn't even care, but I do. I fixed myself and got ready for work, I'm late but I don't even care. I don't care about anything anymore.

When I opened my apartment door, C is standing beside it but I decided to ignore him and locked my door. "Hey D.. let me take you to work. " I shake my head and started walking away.

"D... Come on, I'll take you to work. " I act like I didn't heard anything and cross the street. It went silent for awhile I guess he's not following me anymore, I continue walking as I keep sighing. I look back as I heard a loud beep from my back and saw C on his car.

He park beside me, opened the passenger seat door and smiled at me. "I'll take you to work D and you can't say no. " Do I have a choice? No, so I went inside his car and put on my seatbelt. "And now we're off to work, together. " I ignored him the whole way until I we arrived at work. "Why are you doing this C? " I asked as I remove the seatbelt. He couldn't find words so I said "Oh.. is it because we kissed? Then you said sorry. A gentleman thing to do. Don't bother me today, okay? That's all I ask. " Then I went out of his car heading towards the cafe.

"You're an hour late Miss Ross. How do you explain this? " Bea asked me as soon as I step inside the cafe. "Not now Bea, my life is so shitty so don't bother me today. " She nodded. "Don't affect your work with your shitty morning okay? Afterall, this is still your business and I'm just a manager. " I glared at him. Yes this is my cafe and I'm keeping this a secret from everyone except Bea my manager. "Okay, okay.. I'll get out of your hair Boss. " Then she winked.

This is just a small cafe so I decided to work in it to personally observe my employees, as a co-worker you'll know who's the best employee. Who will be rewarded for their hard work and who will be suspended by their actions.

The day goes on without me interacting with anyone else but customers and then the shift ended and I walk home alone. I don't want to be bothered by anyone today. I am in a very shitty mood from what happened last night, the hangover and the shitty thing happened early in the morning.

I grasp my phone and look through my contacts but called no one.

I went home to my apartment, closed myself from the world and curl in bed. The music is the only thing I hear as I let the darkness invites me with an open arms I wilfully obliged.

——
A/n:

Have you ever had a day like this? Like you just want the day to end by not talking to anyone? Like you want to shut down the world and just be in your personal space with darkness and music? Feel me?

Feedbacks are appreciated!

-c_j