-Part XII-

—Part XII—

Clint's POV

I played with my pen using my hand when a hand taps on my shoulder "Hey bro! " I see it was Emman. "Oh.. hey Em. Have you found her? Where is she? What happened to her? Is she with someone? Tell me Em!! Pleas— "  he held his both hands up. "Chill bro! Calm down. I can't answer everything you ask at once but we still don't have any clue where she is. We don't know. " I sighed deeply and look down.

"We didn't know what happened between you both but we all know her, she'll come back once she's okay with everything Clint. " I shake my head and look at him as if I'm interrogating him. "When? Tell me Em! When will she be okay? When can I see her again?! I can't lose her again.. not this time.. not again.. It's been almost a month! " I facepalm myself and heave a deep sigh again.

Emman's hand is now on both of my shoulder trying to calm me down. "Em.. she never left my world, she never left my heart.. but now I feel like, I lost her totally. This is so frustrating! " I throw away the pen that I'm holding but was surprised to see Lenny at the door, staring at us.

I stand on my feet but stayed where I was, so is Emman who let go of my shoulders. "Hey.. what are you doing here? " I couldn't even afford to touch this girl after everything that happened between me and D. I loved this girl but D... I love D with all of my heart. "I heard everything James. " Yeah I know. This shit will end here.

"Hey bro.. I have to go. See you soon, I'll be going ahead Lenny. " Then Emman went out letting me have this time with Lenny. To talk. "Sit down Len. " And she did, I also sat down not too far away from her. "What did you hear? " She looked down. "Everything. How you asked Emmanuel to search for her. " Her voice is quiet but I could hear it clearly.

"We have to stop this Len. I'm sorry. This isn't a gentleman thing to do but I can't do it anymore. I have been lying—" she held her hand up to stop me then she looks into my eyes with her teary eyes. "Do you love her? " I hesitated to answer her but I have to be honest. "Clint James, do you love her? Answer me.. please. " I have to do this. "Yes, always. " She nodded but her tears streams down her eyes like a waterfall and we fall silent, her sobs are the only thing we could hear.

After awhile, she stood up and brush away her tears. "Let me have the last word between the both of us. " Then she breath deeply, so I let her. "Since we were kids, I have admitted to myself that I am in love with you. We were like 14 that time when I first saw you, that was the time of the festival where you and your parents went to our hometown to be a part of that celebration. I was amazed how wonderful of a person you are. I was hooked by those eyes. I changed myself for you to notice me, I trained a lot to excel in a lot of things, yet I still can't be compared to her. Deborah Ross, she's beautiful inside and out, but she's still imperfect. Her flaws are showing the moment you approach her and I ask to myself 'Why couldn't I, an 'almost perfect' human being, doesn't have a right to be compared to her. "

She paused and look down on her shoes. I knew all about it, her insecurities towards her and her admiration to me. "I was almost obsessed with you, I want to have you for myself. I want to be the only girl in your life and heart but now I realize what a selfish jerk you really are. Only thinking about yourself, your only happiness and her only... Your whole world has been devoted to her like she's your God. Even if she wouldn't want you anymore, I won't be there for you for the second time. Let's break up. " Then she walked away.

"—Your whole world has been devoted to her like she's your God. Even if she wouldn't want you anymore, I won't be there for you for the second time. Let's break up."